Author Topic: What software do i need?  (Read 2280 times)

February 07, 2010, 08:22:56 PM
Read 2280 times

Trnzaddict

Hello. Ok, so I have a wmv hd file encoded with wma10 5.1 for audio. Video plays fine, audio channel not supported.

I want to keep the video intact cause it's an excellent rip. Can someone just suggest a simple software that will convert just the audio channel to a wdtv supported format, not remake the whole friggin video file (which i'm trying right now and it's taking forever :()

Thanks! :)

February 12, 2010, 05:47:17 PM
Reply #1

HDCake

Trnz,

I encode exclusively in WMVA and WMA 10Pro and to date the WDTV does not support the WMA 10pro codec.

Here is how you convert the audio in that file to stereo, takes a few steps but you can do it. This will be the short version of the how to but you should be able to figure it out.

1. Goto windowsmedia.com and download the windows media encoder suite and install it. If you can play this file on your PC you have the correct codecs installed
2. load the Stream editor and load the wmv file into it
3. find the audio track and select it so it appears in the box to the right. only select the audio track
4. Then create a new, it will make a WMA file
5. Load up windows media encoder, select the WMA10pro file as the source.
6. in the compression tab select the WMA9 Stereo codec and a bitrate setting you like
7. encode the file
8. load the stream editor again, load the original file again but select the video track and move it to the box on the right
9. load the new encoded stereo track and move it to the box on the right.
10. Create a new file, now you have the same video with a Strereo track the WDTV can read and play back.

Good luck and post any questions about the steps you might have

~HC

February 26, 2010, 10:02:14 AM
Reply #2

homerjs

I use Popcorn mkv audi convertor to convert my DTS audi to AV-3.   
I have 2 mdtv, one hooked to receiver which plays DTS, the other straight to my TV where there is no DTS support by TV or 1st Gen WDTV.
Works great fro this type of conversion.

March 04, 2010, 01:28:59 PM
Reply #3

Whoheart

HDCakes tutorial is good because it doesn't touch the video, it just reencodes the sound.
Its hardly a one click solution, but once you have gone through it once its easy enough and mostly takes care of itself :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

April 13, 2010, 10:58:03 PM
Reply #4

oposky2006

Tsmuxer can help u remux just the audio without re-econding your video file, although it is not very easy to use. :P