Author Topic: Install WDLXTV-Live Firmware on WD HD TV Live  (Read 8945 times)

April 07, 2010, 08:44:23 PM
Read 8945 times

partha.sarkar

Hi There,

I am very new in this topic. I want to install WDLXTV-Live firmware on my WD HD TV Live media player. Currently this has 1.01.21 ffirmware version. I have tried with several similar type of WDLXTV-Live firmwares but nothing worked till now. Can anyone please guide me step by step in this.

Thanks,
Partha

April 07, 2010, 09:16:47 PM
Reply #1

Mr_Miyagi

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Flashing_the_Firmware

There are numerous threads, pages and attached README's that describe the process.  This question has been asked many times, use the search feature if you are unsure of anything before posting.

April 07, 2010, 09:30:41 PM
Reply #2

partha.sarkar

Hi Miyagi,

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the file 1.01.11_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.3.4.5.zip and extracted into FAT32 USB stick and plugged in to my WD HD TV Live box. Nothing happened. I shut down the box and restarted with the USB stick plugged in, then also nothing happened, it didn't ask for any firmware upgrade option. Please suggest, if I need to install anything else prior to go with B-RAD. My current firmware is 1.01.21

Appreciate your help.

-- Partha

April 07, 2010, 09:35:13 PM
Reply #3

frankie-boy

Edit the ver-file to version 1.01.22, like it says in the wiki...

April 07, 2010, 09:39:47 PM
Reply #4

Mr_Miyagi

Hi Miyagi,

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the file 1.01.11_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.3.4.5.zip and extracted into FAT32 USB stick and plugged in to my WD HD TV Live box. Nothing happened. I shut down the box and restarted with the USB stick plugged in, then also nothing happened, it didn't ask for any firmware upgrade option. Please suggest, if I need to install anything else prior to go with B-RAD. My current firmware is 1.01.21

Appreciate your help.

-- Partha
"In case you need to downgrade to an earlier version than the one currently installed, edit the wdtvlive.ver file to force a virtually higher version
Example: You have 1.01.17. Edit the beginning of the line VERSION='1.01.xx ...' to at least VERSION='1.01.18'
If you upgrade to a version later than 1.01.18, i.e. 1.01.24 upwards include also the wdtvlive.fff file at the root level."

In otherwords, edit your wdtvlive.ver file in notepad and set it to a version number higher than 1.01.24.  The WDTV reads the .ver file, if the version number is not higher than the current it does not actually give you the option to upgrade.

April 07, 2010, 09:59:44 PM
Reply #5

partha.sarkar

Hi All,

Sorry I mentioned wrong version. It is currently 1.02.21 (latest official WD version). I even edited .ver file to a higher version. It didn't work. Please let me know whether it can be installed on WD HD TV Live media box at all.

Thanks,
Partha

April 07, 2010, 11:27:18 PM
Reply #6

frankie-boy

Hi Partha,

To what version did you edit the ver-file? And did you place only the three files (.ver, .fff and .bin) on your stick?
Did you put it in the root of the stick?

If it's still not possible tonight (in 12 hours), I'll try it at home and see if I can make a step-by-step guide. (I also do have the latest firmware installed.)

Grtz,

Frank

Edit: why don't you flash to WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:42:47 PM by frankie-boy »

April 08, 2010, 12:18:06 AM
Reply #7

partha.sarkar

Hi Frank,

I have WD TV Live Media Player (WDBAAN0000NBK) which has 1.02.21 (latest official firmware). I have tried several options to install this custom firmware. Can you please let me know whether this media box supports this custom firmware. This is the latest media box provided by WD after Gen2 box.

Thanks,
Partha

April 08, 2010, 10:33:30 AM
Reply #9

partha.sarkar

I have also tried the latest version. But do anyone know whether it will at all work with WD HD TV Live (WDBAAN0000NBK). Please help to resolve this basic issue.

Thanks,
Partha

April 08, 2010, 10:40:24 AM
Reply #10

Schenk2302

Download the version in ff_mark's post. Then extract it. You'll now have several files. take wdtvlive.ver, open it and edit:

VERSION='1.01.24.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6'
to
VERSION='1.20.24.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6'
and save it.
Now place this file and the wdtvlive.bin on a stick, pull power chord, plug it back in, and you'll find the "new firmware found" in the menu.

Cheers

Schenk

April 08, 2010, 10:59:23 AM
Reply #11

frankie-boy

I have also tried the latest version. But do anyone know whether it will at all work with WD HD TV Live (WDBAAN0000NBK). Please help to resolve this basic issue.

Thanks,
Partha

I do have the WD HD TV Live (WDBAAP0000NBK) and right now its updating with b-rad latest firmware... I changed the ver-file to: VERSION='1.03.24.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6'. Make sure you don't edit the file with notepad, but with notepad2 or notepad++ or something like this, because the file is in unix-format.
I only have the .ver and .bin-file in the root of my usb-stick...

So, done updating, everything went fine!

April 08, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
Reply #12

Mr_Miyagi

Thanks,
Partha
b-rad's firmware works on all WDTV HD Live's, you're not reading other peoples posts and responding to their questions.  Without that, no one can help you.

December 23, 2011, 08:50:44 PM
Reply #13

bling77

Unable to detect external USB HDD after installing latest 0.5.1.1, help!