Author Topic: Twin/Double Hard Disk  (Read 1314 times)

February 03, 2010, 12:21:04 PM
Read 1314 times

pticle94

Hi,

At first I want to apologize for my bad English (I'm French).

I have a Sharkoon QuickPort Duo (http://www.sharkoon.com/html/produkte/docking_stations/sata_quickport_duo/index_en.html?id=4) with 2 HDD and a WD Passport.

When I use the Sharkoon on Windows XP, I have 2 HDD but when I plug it in the WD Live only one is shown.

It's very bad because I need these 2 HDD working on the WD Live (The WD Live is always on so I can access files from Windows easily and I don't need to turn on my computer to watch movies).

Someone knows how the WD Live can use the two HDD on only one USB plug ?

Thank you all.

February 03, 2010, 04:55:21 PM
Reply #1

kebien

you wil probably need to use alternative firmware that might support usb hub,like the one you are using.
Search in the unofficial firmware section.

February 03, 2010, 05:56:38 PM
Reply #2

trehouse

I use 2 hard disks and hub on my WDTV-Live. In the hub I have 1 hard disk and my wireless adapter. The other hard disk is plugged into the other USB slot.

I use firmware version 1.0.11 and everything is working great.

I'm looking at your QuickPort and I gather that when plugged into a PC both are recognized as separate drives? I'm not entirely clear on the device but I guess it's a simple hub (?). It is wall powered isn't it?

February 04, 2010, 02:12:12 PM
Reply #3

trehouse

I tested with 2 and 3 USB hard disks on my USB hub and unfortunately it doesn't work for me either. I'm running the default 1.0.11 firmware.

I played around with it on both USB ports and trying to stagger the startup of drives with no luck. As mentioned I am running a WiFi adapter with a HDD on the hub. Note that my hub is not powered however it looks like yours is so this may not make a difference.

Looks like it's not supported as keiben mentions with this firmware.