Author Topic: Really need help urgently on how to put subtitles for wdtv v2 newest firmware  (Read 3824 times)

January 31, 2010, 11:53:23 PM
Read 3824 times

subtitles for wdtv

i already named the srt and the movie the same name but when i turn it on it says no subtitles why is it like that and how can i make it work?

thanks

May 06, 2010, 12:35:47 AM
Reply #1

usa_salih

Yeah Same Problem Here.. I'm getting crazy over this and there doesnt seem to be alot about this subject over the net either.. Ive been throwing subtitles in the same folder (.srt , .ssa ,.sub...) been converting them back to forth with different formats but still nothing seems to be visible in the file in the wdtv live, Ive tried with different external hdds and usb sticks but still nada.. It seems like nothing worked for me only mkvmerge gui but only for my mkv movies and that seems to take up alot of my time.. I just want it so that I can play it by just throwing it in in with the folder..

May 06, 2010, 12:53:03 PM
Reply #2

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

I've never used .srt or .ssa  , for a long time I used .sub 

.sub also requires .idx   - so it should look like this (all files must be within the same folder)

batman.m2ts
batman.idx
batman.sub

only program I've used is called bdsup2sub  it's a .jar file I found on doom9.org forum
however since latest firmware supports - .sup subtitles in .iso or .m2ts  , I have no more need for convering, I was smart enough to keep my internal pgs subtitles. so delete all my .idx & .sub and the internal .pgs works great

KAD