Author Topic: REQ: Ability to read DVD Video_TS folder and play as DVD  (Read 2336 times)

January 27, 2010, 04:09:58 AM
Read 2336 times

Skybolt

As titled the ability to read and use the VIDEO_TS folder as a dvd or mivie file. Many system already do this. That would be an awesome addition opposed to haveing to convert every thing.

Thanks,
Skybolt

January 31, 2010, 09:06:09 PM
Reply #1

kurt

As titled the ability to read and use the VIDEO_TS folder as a dvd or mivie file. Many system already do this. That would be an awesome addition opposed to haveing to convert every thing.

Thanks,
Skybolt

I agree... this would be a good feature.
I have many movies backed up as VIDEO_TS folders and it would be nice to play em!

February 02, 2010, 10:30:08 AM
Reply #2

hd_junkie

this is simple one...simply create a dir structure like Movies\Spiderman\Video_ts\*.vob files
when you hit the "video_ts" dir, simply hit Play on remote and it will play the movie seamlessly (provided you have the vob's in the correct order!

February 04, 2010, 07:34:00 AM
Reply #3

phoenix2000

I'd like to make one additional request to this issue. If one places each of their DVD rips into individual folders, lets say SPIDERMAN, with sub folder VIDEO_TS, containing VOBs, this works, kinda. Coming from the XBMC world, we are used to seeing a folder, with a thumbnail of the movie pressing play, et voila. With the current WDTV setup we have to select the folder SPIDERMAN and then press play on VIDEO_TS. Seems like an anal issue, but believe me I have seen many forums with users trying to find solutions to this issue, MKV, ISO, etc... If you try and press play on the SPIDERMAN folder, the WDTV will open the file folder.jpg, or whatever thumbnail you have used. Believe me I have tried FOLDER.JPG, folder name.jpg, etc... Why if I am in the VIDEO section when I press play on a folder would WDTV open a picture and not find the first "VIDEO" file, ie VIDEO_TS? If we could press play on the "SPIDERMAN" folder and the first video file, ie VIDEO_TS, would play, that would solve many peoples issues.