Author Topic: Trouble accessing WD World Edition Network Drive as a NFS  (Read 3952 times)

January 26, 2010, 04:56:15 PM
Read 3952 times

hawkeye-engineer

I have a WDTV Live flashed with the latest B-Rad's custom firmware.  I am trying to use net.mounts to access a 2TB WD World Edition network drive.  I can access the drive from the network shares but would like to access as a NFS using net.mounts to eliminate double thumbnail issue and simplify loading.  I have activated NFS option on the 2TB WDWE by accessing advance options under the configuration menu.  The IP of my hard drive is showing 169.254.109.51 and the information from WD says that to access nfs use the following location nfs/public.  Here is what I have been trying to use as my xmount command:

xmount 169.254.109.51:/nfs/Public MovieServer nfs

It just keeps giving me an error on loading saying no files are found.  Does anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks,
H-E

January 26, 2010, 10:50:13 PM
Reply #1

avdija

can you ping 169.254.109.51 from your wd live

Code: [Select]
ping 169.254.109.51

January 27, 2010, 07:04:52 PM
Reply #2

hawkeye-engineer

Upon recommendation of someone, I fixed the IP address to 192.168.0.8 and tried accessing again.  I am able to ping the hard drive at this IP and get a response.  I am still unable however, to get the xmount command to work.  Once I was able to see the ShareName listed under the local drive but no media was found.  I am unsure of what to try next.

May 03, 2010, 09:18:58 AM
Reply #3

coolkevin77

I am reviving this thread as I have a similar issue and more information that might help troubleshoot.
Similar Config, WDlxTV Gen1 with MyBook World II 2TB NAS Drive.

MyBook World II allows the user to configure access for the individual shares. 
Options are to enable CIFS, NFS, FTP, and AFP
I have enabled CIFS, NFS, and FTP on all of my shares.  I can FTP and CIFS with no problem.  I have no experience with NFS, which I'm assuming is my biggest roadblock.

WDlxTV will mount and access all CIFS shares with no problem.
I am also able  mount the NFS shares as follows:

xmount 192.168.0.155:/bionicnas/nfs/Movies NFS1.Movies nfs
xmount 192.168.0.155:/bionicnas/Movies NFS2.Movies nfs
xmount 192.168.0.155:/nfs/Movies NFS3.Movies nfs
xmount 192.168.0.155:/Movies NFS4.Movies nfs

These are obviously all mounts for the same share, I have been experimenting to see if I have a syntax issue. As WDlxTV mounts all 4 of these NFS shares, I am assuming it agrees with my syntax. 

The problem lies in the fact that all of these mounted shares show up empty.
MyBook World II instructions note that: "Mount point for NFS share is /nfs/SHARENAME, Ex. /nfs/Public"

So what am I doing wrong? 
Can somebody tell me specifically how to SSH in to the MyBook World and find out if there is a different mount point? (Yes I know how to do the SSH part, just need the commands to check the shares)

Thanks in advance!

October 23, 2012, 10:03:30 AM
Reply #4

malber4

Has anyone solved this?  I am experiencing the exact same problem.

October 23, 2012, 12:57:56 PM
Reply #5

RavRob

• DeSpammer

What does the  mount table say in the WFE?
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

October 26, 2012, 09:30:00 AM
Reply #6

malber4

Hey RavRob thanks for the reply.

Ended up solving it in this thread:
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7453  (look at end of p. 2 and beginning of p.3)

In short, the NFS directory my server created was "underneath" in level of directory structure for the files I wanted to access.  I assumed when I activated NFS, my whole server would be viewable (bad assumption).  Hopefully this will help others.

RavRob, just curious, what is a WFE?