Author Topic: release: WDLXTV-0.5.X  (Read 443895 times)

April 23, 2009, 06:13:02 PM
Read 443895 times

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
now available, comment here about any issues / questions / etc

* OSD tweaks
    * changed now playing view format
    * added selectable 4, 6, 8 item list view (default=8) (via shell: config_tool -c THUMBNUM=X)
    * added selectable 4, 8, 12 thumb browse view (default=12) (via shell: config_tool -c LISTNUM=X)
    * increased font size of title to 32 in thumb view
  * removed 2 unused binaries
  * updated build scripts to dynamically generate all version info
  * sample S00custom-options provided

* fixed crazymount typo preventing app.bin's from loading

* fixed osd mounting typo in crazymount
  * cleaned up symlink'd dirs
  * removed plug.watch (deprecated with [un]official ext2/3 support)
  * added Rezmus's additional font sizes OSD tweak
  * fixed S00custom-option execution
  * chmod 700'd /root
  * fixed timezone functionality
  * increased loopback devices from 8 -> 24
  * option to prevent device connected at boot from spinning down on power off (if device contains file called .keepalive it will not be spun down)

* based on firmware 1.02.07, ext2/ext3 filesystem support now official!!!
* more md5sums added for corruption checking
* a single custom init.d script can be placed in /conf, called S00user-script
   * syntax errors in S00user-script will prevent your osd from booting, be careful!
* crazymounts wait is now user extendable, default = 10 seconds
   * if /conf/crazymount.wait exists and contains a single integer, delay will be extended

* emergency flash upgrade/freeze recovery now added
   * requires a full firmware image called emergency-wdtv.bin and
      a file called emergency-flash on the root of a device at boot
* Custom background and screen saver images can be supplied at boot
   * requires welcome_background_bg.jpg (maxsize=524288) or screen_saver.png to exist on a device attached at boot
   * original screen_saver & welcome_background are supplied, in case you desire them.
* A custom configuration script can be supplied to enable/disable/whatever at boot
   * requires a script called S00custom-options on the root of a device attached at boot
* OSD overlays must be named as follows:  <label>.osd.bin   example:  myoverlay.osd.bin  (sample)
* added another 5s wait for slow devices to come online at boot.
* no benign shell errors when booting on the serial tty
* reboot now sync's & (attempts to) umount devices before rebooting

* based on firmware 1.02.06

Be careful with S00user-script in /conf, as I say a typo in there will prevent the osd from loading. The proper route would be to get it working as S00custom-options on the root of an attached device, then when that works move it into /conf

if you break yourself with a bad /conf/S00user-script then place the following inside of S00custom-options:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
rm /tmp/init.d/S00user-script

http://b-rad.cc/895/wdlxtv-enhanced-wdtv-firmware-0532
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:48:40 PM by b-rad.cc »

April 23, 2009, 11:29:52 PM
Reply #1

Fredouye

When turning off the WD TV with the remote controller, will HDD spindown if a process (Transmission, for example) is writing to it ?

I suppose not, but...
WDTV #1 : WDLXTV 0.5.3.2 (Dropbear SSH, juliojs's OSD) + Arkview USB-G1000 + WD MyBook 1 Tb
WDTV #2 : WDLXTV 0.5.3.2 (Dropbear SSH, juliojs's OSD) + TRENDnet TU2-ET100 + 1 Gb USB key

NAS : Linksys NSLU2 (Unslung 6.10)

Network : D-Link DGS1005D Gigabit switch + 2x Netgear XAVB101 200 Mbps Powe

April 24, 2009, 02:27:44 AM
Reply #2

oliveryc

Thanks for your firmware development!!  It's great!!

I found a problem with the file system. When my hard drive formatted as ext3, the subtitle won't come out automatically. If the same drive formatted as FAT32, that problem won't existed. But FAT32 file system will have another limit which is a single file can't be 4GB more.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:45:22 AM by oliveryc »

April 24, 2009, 03:27:57 AM
Reply #3

lion

I found a problem with the file system. When my hard drive formatted as ext3, the subtitle won't come out automatically. If the same drive formatted as FAT32, that problem won't existed. But FAT32 file system will have another limit which is a single file can't be 4GB more.

No subtitle problem here.
Please check in "Video settings": there is a new option to switch subtitles on-off by default

April 24, 2009, 03:29:20 AM
Reply #4

Fredouye

I was previouly (WDLXTV 0.4.x) using ext3 and external subitles worked fine...
WDTV #1 : WDLXTV 0.5.3.2 (Dropbear SSH, juliojs's OSD) + Arkview USB-G1000 + WD MyBook 1 Tb
WDTV #2 : WDLXTV 0.5.3.2 (Dropbear SSH, juliojs's OSD) + TRENDnet TU2-ET100 + 1 Gb USB key

April 24, 2009, 12:59:47 PM
Reply #5

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

I am trying this again, version 0.5.2, I have it setup and working as I want, one question though;

is it possible to specify the workgroup I want rather than the default "workgroup"?
I do have a static IP set, I am also sharing a folder from my pc to it and that is my goal, but under the same workgroup name if possible.
the samba addon is brilliant in my opinion, Th@nX for that b-rad.cc

Thanks.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

April 24, 2009, 06:11:47 PM
Reply #6

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
I am trying this again, version 0.5.2, I have it setup and working as I want, one question though;

is it possible to specify the workgroup I want rather than the default "workgroup"?
I do have a static IP set, I am also sharing a folder from my pc to it and that is my goal, but under the same workgroup name if possible.
the samba addon is brilliant in my opinion, Th@nX for that b-rad.cc

Thanks.

the samba pack is r/w ... so do a 'find /apps/samba/ | grep smb.conf' and modify it to your desire.

April 24, 2009, 10:01:09 PM
Reply #7

Fredouye

Hi b-rad

could you please modify the rights on /root to 700 instead of 755 ?

We could then use SSH keys to authenticate (Dropbear SSH does not have the "StrictMode" setting like OpenSSH).

Thanks in advance !

April 25, 2009, 01:16:25 AM
Reply #8

schoeppchen

Big thanks for this release - works as a charme.

April 25, 2009, 03:38:34 AM
Reply #9

dadme

Hi b-rad,
I've instaled latest version ** WDLXTV-0.5.2 **,it works nice, but i can't get wireless working (edimax 7318usg rt73 chipset).
Same adapter works fine with ext3-boot release 0.9.2, with the same settings files and same wireless-mod 0.3.
It's necesary to raname wireless-mod.app.bin to something else?
that my config:
# Network configuration file
HOST=wdtv
# attempt to set jumbo frames
MTU=9000
#
DHCP=yes
#
##ifconfig rausb0 up
##wpa_supplicant -B -D ralink -i rausb0 -c /boot/wpa_supplicant.conf
##
ifconfig rausb0 up
wpa_supplicant -B -D ralink -i rausb0 -c /boot/wpa_supplicant.conf
sleep 5

and wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/tmp/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="wl500gp"
# uncomment next line if your ap doesn't broadcast ssid
#scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="blablabla"
}
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:05:27 AM by dadme »

April 25, 2009, 01:49:32 PM
Reply #10

drs

Same adapter works fine with ext3-boot release 0.9.2, with the same settings files and same wireless-mod 0.3.
It's necesary to raname wireless-mod.app.bin to something else?

Don't you need the WDLXTV version wireless-mod-wdlxtv.app.bin? Try looking in the wireless thread, someone's posted a link to that file.

April 27, 2009, 09:55:07 AM
Reply #11

Silence66

is there a way to use the firmware without the media library like the ex3-boot-rls? because i want to have my folder structure of my nas on the wdtv

April 27, 2009, 05:53:03 PM
Reply #12

oliveryc

No subtitle problem here.
Please check in "Video settings": there is a new option to switch subtitles on-off by default
I was previouly (WDLXTV 0.4.x) using ext3 and external subitles worked fine...

Thanks for your reply. I format my hard drive again with the format tool in Ubuntu 9 livecd and the external subtitles work perfectly now.

April 27, 2009, 07:09:28 PM
Reply #13

dorbak

Good evening b-rad,

First off, great stuff so far.  I've come across an issue on my unit where I cannot re-flash to any other firmware.  My latest flash was 0.5.2, but I wanted to start over from scratch (writing a how-to for some friends for their units) and I wanted to start from the official 1.01.02 f/w from WDC.

However, I am not able to have the firmware detected when I plug in my USB device.  I've tried two so far, both of which have worked in the past in previous f/w upgrades.

I've reformatted both to FAT16 to no avail either.

I loaded on the log.saver.bin and the attached files were obtained.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Managed to get teh emergency-flash portion to work, now back to the 'official' firmware.  Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:15:59 PM by dorbak »

April 29, 2009, 10:15:49 AM
Reply #14

burrebista

Hallo! If is posible to make a firmware (of course 0.5.2 via 1.02.07) but based on firmware modified by rezmus (for more subtitles font sizes to settings based on the same 1.02.07 :http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=506.0) ?
Thank you very much in advance!