Author Topic: release: WDLXTV-0.5.X  (Read 444196 times)

September 04, 2010, 04:10:03 AM
Reply #750

bubblegum_57

I think you are in the wrong forum, this is not for WD LIve

try this http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?board=14.0

September 17, 2010, 07:35:22 PM
Reply #751

Trident167

Applied the new firmware and everything works fine but every once in a while when turning the WDTV on, I get the WDTV logo with a red background. Always when this happens, the system scans the drive and comes back with a message on the screen that says, "Invalid Format" Power cycling does nothing. The other day my wife was playing with WDTV box while trying to get it to work and we noticed that this didn't happen when the box was on it's side as opposed to laying flat. Don't know if it's just a coincidence but it's an annoying error and the frustration makes me not want to watch the damn movie anymore.
Anyone come across the red screen error?

Wanted to add that this happens even without anything plugged into the WDTV.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:58:41 AM by Trident167 »

October 14, 2010, 04:03:27 AM
Reply #752

edzachary

LJL46

you need to update the event osd from r169 to r170

check out this link
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdtvtools/files/event-osd/

scroll down and you will see event osd  open it up...download the r170 and install onto wherever you have laurent g placed

should be ok after that

cheers

November 07, 2010, 07:22:01 AM
Reply #753

andyd

Hi.  I'm having difficulty with flashing my wdtv with the latest custom firmware.  Regardless of what I do - try different usb flashdrives or different versions of the custom firmware the wdtv live never recognizes the firmware - is there something I'm missing?  I tried both letting it sit there and turning on / off the device to see if the fimrware is picked up

November 07, 2010, 09:08:44 AM
Reply #754

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
@ andyd,

if you have a live, you're posting in the wrong forum.
if you have a gen1, you're trying to flash it with live fw ?!
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

December 15, 2010, 10:17:23 AM
Reply #755

mychaelp

I have my WDTV running the Showcase Mod and love it, but each time I unplug it, it loses all the thumbs and movie sheets from the cache. I've seen posts about .thumbDB and wonder if this is a way to have them saved on the hard drive or flash drive for use when I plug it back in. This would save a lot of time since it takes a long time to reload them and go through all the pages of movies every time and all the sub directories for the various genres.
I would just leave the WDTV on, but it seems Showcase is not too stable for me and it must be reset every few days.
I tried simply putting the .thumbDB directory on the flash drive but at each unplug and replug it doesn't do anything for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..... there must be a way to do this....
Thanks

January 07, 2011, 10:52:23 PM
Reply #756

fomche

to в-rad : can you add support Dvd menu ? imho;it is not very difficult for you but all users from all Galactics will be glad !!!!!!! :)

April 18, 2011, 03:22:38 AM
Reply #757

violt

Hi,

Is this firmware fixes "MKV merger headers" issue for wdtv gen 2? If no is there any firmware that does?
For me this is single issue that makes my player unusable and im starting to consider replacing it.

P.S. I didnt checked all 52 pages of this thread so sorry in advance if this has been asked before.

January 15, 2012, 12:43:22 PM
Reply #758

Dareeo

Hello

I haven't any WD TV yet , but in few days I want to buy one (WD TV 1, the oldest model)
I'll install B-RAD's WDLXTV-0.5.3.2 and now I have one simple question: Is possible somehow to download subtitles from subtitle database directly to WD TV? So, after updating to custom fw and setting up lan (with nintendo wii adapter) is there any option to search and download subtitles for example from http://www.opensubtitles.org?
Thank you

PS: Sorry for my bad english

January 21, 2012, 07:09:57 AM
Reply #759

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
@ Dareeo

as far as I know, there isn't an app that downloads subtitles for the gen1. I don't know how good you are at coding, but feel free to develop something like that for the community.
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

April 03, 2012, 02:27:20 AM
Reply #760

miikew

there is a tool but written in python but it gets subtitles from polish napisy.info
here it is, you can mod it to match your requests

http://pastebin.com/H2wJLBYH

May 16, 2012, 04:55:25 AM
Reply #761

derwildemann

does this upgrade work with my player?

Device: WDLXTV_LIVE
FW Base: 1.05.04
Current version: 0.5.1.1

and does it cope with the recent mp4-coded files?

Lately those new mp4-files are giving me a headache. My player either locks up requiring a power OFF/ON cycle or jumps scenes, etc.

I read a post from user "rambomst" in which he reports the same problem and says that a FW-upgrade had solved the problem, however he doesn't provide details of the upgrade.

now available, comment here about any issues / questions / etc

* OSD tweaks
    * changed now playing view format
    * added selectable 4, 6, 8 item list view (default=8) (via shell: config_tool -c THUMBNUM=X)
    * added selectable 4, 8, 12 thumb browse view (default=12) (via shell: config_tool -c LISTNUM=X)
    * increased font size of title to 32 in thumb view
  * removed 2 unused binaries
  * updated build scripts to dynamically generate all version info
  * sample S00custom-options provided

* fixed crazymount typo preventing app.bin's from loading

* fixed osd mounting typo in crazymount
  * cleaned up symlink'd dirs
  * removed plug.watch (deprecated with [un]official ext2/3 support)
  * added Rezmus's additional font sizes OSD tweak
  * fixed S00custom-option execution
  * chmod 700'd /root
  * fixed timezone functionality
  * increased loopback devices from 8 -> 24
  * option to prevent device connected at boot from spinning down on power off (if device contains file called .keepalive it will not be spun down)

* based on firmware 1.02.07, ext2/ext3 filesystem support now official!!!
* more md5sums added for corruption checking
* a single custom init.d script can be placed in /conf, called S00user-script
   * syntax errors in S00user-script will prevent your osd from booting, be careful!
* crazymounts wait is now user extendable, default = 10 seconds
   * if /conf/crazymount.wait exists and contains a single integer, delay will be extended

* emergency flash upgrade/freeze recovery now added
   * requires a full firmware image called emergency-wdtv.bin and
      a file called emergency-flash on the root of a device at boot
* Custom background and screen saver images can be supplied at boot
   * requires welcome_background_bg.jpg (maxsize=524288) or screen_saver.png to exist on a device attached at boot
   * original screen_saver & welcome_background are supplied, in case you desire them.
* A custom configuration script can be supplied to enable/disable/whatever at boot
   * requires a script called S00custom-options on the root of a device attached at boot
* OSD overlays must be named as follows:  <label>.osd.bin   example:  myoverlay.osd.bin  (sample)
* added another 5s wait for slow devices to come online at boot.
* no benign shell errors when booting on the serial tty
* reboot now sync's & (attempts to) umount devices before rebooting

* based on firmware 1.02.06

Be careful with S00user-script in /conf, as I say a typo in there will prevent the osd from loading. The proper route would be to get it working as S00custom-options on the root of an attached device, then when that works move it into /conf

if you break yourself with a bad /conf/S00user-script then place the following inside of S00custom-options:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
rm /tmp/init.d/S00user-script

http://b-rad.cc/895/wdlxtv-enhanced-wdtv-firmware-0532

May 16, 2012, 04:58:55 AM
Reply #762

RavRob

• DeSpammer

It depends on which player you have.  This will work on the Live and the Live plus but not on the Live Hub or the Live Streaming.  Will it fix the problem??? worth trying I guess.  If you find no benefit once installed, it is simple to revert back to the factory firmware.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

September 08, 2012, 05:49:30 PM
Reply #763

Jabs1888

I have just flashed my live plus with the latest wdlxtv mod, but I don't see any attached USB hard drives, I have another one unflashed connected to my home network and I can access the hard drives attached to that, I have tried a few hard drives but my flashed unit doesn't see them?

September 08, 2012, 06:45:22 PM
Reply #764

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Your hard drive should have it's own power supply.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television