Author Topic: release: WDLXTV-0.5.X  (Read 444385 times)

April 11, 2010, 11:55:06 PM
Reply #735

netamego

First, Thanks very much b-rad for your time, and your incredible firmware,

Now my question...

i am a bit confusing whit firmware release. Is this release (0.5.3.2
) valid for wdtv live?

are the name of b-rad's cusmtom firmware the same for all wdtv?
wdtv,wdtv gen2 and wdtv live.

April 19, 2010, 10:07:31 AM
Reply #736

testudo

Just upgrade from 0.5.7.2 to .0.5.8.1 and no longer have the blue "wood plank floor" background, it is now solid black, along with differently rendered (IIRC) menu icons.  Also, the improved visibility when highlighting menu choices is gone, the new highlight bar pretty much obscures the current selection.  Didn't see anything in the change notes about this, so just trying to determine if these changes are to be expected or not.

April 20, 2010, 05:18:01 PM
Reply #737

axman5055

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions about my USB hub problem? IF you didnt c it,:

Ok, I'va had my WD for awhile, and decided to go with eh WDLXTV firmware.

1) I dled the fw, put it on a FD, plugged it into my WDTV, and got the update fw option, I clicked ok
2) The WD Turned off, didn't turn back on, I gave it some time (20 minutes)
3) Assuming the WD was off, I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened, I unplugged the power, and plugged it back in, and then it turned back on, but my TV wouldn't pick up the signal.
4) I was pretty sure i screwed up, so I used his instructions to get back to the normal software, I put his fw on a FD and then put the wdtv.ver file on the FD (overwrite his)
5) when i plugged there FD into my WD i got a screen saying it was updating, got to 100%, started up fine, but it said it was starting as WDLXTV (which I was fine with, but i though it was supposed to go back to the normal fw)
6) Everything that normally works, works, and I checked the system menu, said it was the WDLXTV fw, so everything got installed right (i think)
7) I plugged in a Belkin USB Hub (http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=357387), and I plugged in 2 HD's, turned on the WD, but it only recognized 1. I have the power cord plugged in, but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong, or does this hub generally not work? What types of USB hubs is everyone else using?

Thanks!

April 27, 2010, 09:44:55 AM
Reply #738

gobinathan

Folks

I am having difficulties with this newer version of WDLXTV custom firmware running with uPnP Dj Mount and external USB drive to show up on wdtv window.

If i turn on the media library feature uPnP shows and works normal but external USB drivers attached with WDTV doesnt show up to browse the content.
If i turn off the media library feature USB drive shows up but uPnP doesnt show up

Is there any work around or am i missing something

My setup is

Linksys router connected with Apple USB ethernet connection on USB port1
USB hub is attached on USB port 2 of wdtv unit and USB HD drives are attached with hub including the app.bin files.
uPnP is with Tversity software on local network with other computer

any idea why it is not working both at same time when media library is ON

Previous version of WDLXTV both of them were working with media library option OFF condition

Thanks in advance

April 28, 2010, 08:39:28 PM
Reply #739

wipark

Thanks  for this development...I just discovered this website.

my WDTV FW is 1.03.01

Can I use this Custom FW 0.5.3.2  safe ? 

is not, do I need downgard FW to what version and how ?

THks for your help.

May 01, 2010, 08:07:35 AM
Reply #740

pupiponis

Hi, sorry for my language, do not speak English, in particular, is there any chance you can use the WD TV tuner USB ISDB-TB standard, HDTV to watch TV from WD?, I read that there were attempts to make operate in the ATSC and DVB standard, in my country used this rule and I was wondering why there is someone with knowledge to make some firmware that supports this function? from and appreciate and thank any answer, greetings!

May 02, 2010, 12:07:21 AM
Reply #741

krazyeone

Hi

Could you please tell me how to increase font size?

May 06, 2010, 01:13:46 PM
Reply #742

NAB

I need some advice/assistance to get my setup working.

I want to hookup my NETGEAR ReadyNAS DUO and HDTV together to increase storage.

I have flashed my HDTV with WDLXTV 0.5.8.1, as I have read it was networking and network share support capable
Currently I have both the NAS and HDTV connected to a router
I can see both the NAS and HDTV on my network

Now I'm stuck and I'm not able to see my NAS from the HDTV box.

I tried adding the ip address of my NAS into net.mounts (from memory //192.168.1.99/c/media)

Do I need any futher addon apps applied to make this work
Is there any configuration needed on the NAS

Please help me, I'm going bonkers and running up and down stairs to my PC is killing my legs, I know I'm close but just can't cross the final hurdle.

Cheers for looking

Update.
I've now added the NFS and FTP pack
Tried adding the mount via telnet using the below and getting the error

# xmount 192.168.1.99:/media
   mount: can't find /tmp/media/usb/ in /etc/fstab
   rmdir: '/tmp/media/usb/': Directory not empty

May 15, 2010, 11:59:00 PM
Reply #743

Yhplay

Thanks for the great work to B-Rad and other posters.

I have upgraded my WDTV to 0.581, but none of the application mounts.

I simply copied the .app.bin files to the FD root, re-powered the WDTV. Nothing happened excepted it just boots up and recognizes the FD. No log file no nothing.

Did I do sth wrong?

Thanks.

May 31, 2010, 04:44:09 AM
Reply #744

gigaslackr

I am having a problem. I installed the custom firmware, and everything seems to have gone ok. Everything is working great, my only problem is when I turn the WDTV off with the remote, it wont turn back on. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to turn on, but the only way to do it is to unplug the power supply and plug it back in. This is a pain and If I cant find a solution to this problem I am going to have to just remove the firmware and restore it to the original. Can someone please help??????

June 12, 2010, 02:43:23 PM
Reply #745

iMax

Hello;
a newbie here; so please bear with me.
I have a "virgin" WD TV Live player and want to upgrade to b-rad's fw. (WDLXTV 0.4.2.0.  )
Do I need the whole file extracted or do I install the .bin, .ver    and .fff files only?
Thank you
iMax

June 16, 2010, 06:51:47 PM
Reply #746

Takylo

Dude your in the wrong forum, if you have a LIVE player (ethernet).   Follow b-rad instructions from the link below.  good luck!

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=4938.0

July 09, 2010, 12:10:51 AM
Reply #747

D3

Hi just want to be absolutley clear........ I have WDTV Live HD .... with 1.01.24 firmware will your latest x5 sofware listed here
flash ok onto my unit ....... as alot of people hear are talking about WDTV .......... i assume the only difference is Eithernet.
Are there any issues with flashing from 1.01.24 directly to B-rad's X5...... cheers

August 14, 2010, 02:43:21 PM
Reply #748

LJL46

I have just done the WDLXTV upgrade and LaurentG mod and made 110 movie sheets with TViXiE on my USB 640GB HDD. I managed to get it started without too much trouble. The sheets worked for the most part, only ones that failed to show were the movies which had wd_tv.jpg size of 513KB or bigger. Does anyone know if there is a setting for this somewhere, I can't seem to find it, or a forum discussion that mentions image size issues. Also when I tried to eject the HDD it just sat there and spun forever until I finally powered every thing down. It booted up okay the next time but had me worried, is this normal now.

A Noobie

Leo   :o

September 01, 2010, 11:04:58 PM
Reply #749

marz

Purchased a new WDTV live unit last week. And since, have tried to make sense of what I need to do to upgrade the unit so I can run movie sheets! I have read pretty much most of the threads, but there is no conclusive how to, any where?
 Downloaded the 1.01.24_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6 but that doesn't seem to work either because the .bin extention is missing from the wdtvlive file. Don't want to brick the unit!!

Thanks in advance.