Author Topic: 'autoadd' torrent folder settings in Deluge  (Read 9147 times)

January 22, 2010, 11:28:44 PM
Read 9147 times

paulselby1

Deluge is working perfectly for me..apart from the 'autoadd' and 'download completed torrents to..' options being greyed out under preferences and being defaulted to '/boot'

Is it possible to set these folder locations in  a config file and if so does anyone know where ?

Thanks in advance
WDLXTV-LIVE-0.3.4.5
USB 1 - 320GB WD Essential HD
USB 2 - 16GB  USB Pen Drive

Running Delulge

January 23, 2010, 04:23:16 AM
Reply #1

zlatko

Yes, it is possible. Edit /tmp/deluge/core.conf and restart deluged.

January 23, 2010, 06:07:43 AM
Reply #2

paulselby1

Yes, it is possible. Edit /tmp/deluge/core.conf and restart deluged.

Perfect, thanks! I've adjusted the path using nano, rebooted and the path has been changed if I check preferences.

I now add .torrent files to the path in question however they don't automatically start - am I missing a setting or something ?
WDLXTV-LIVE-0.3.4.5
USB 1 - 320GB WD Essential HD
USB 2 - 16GB  USB Pen Drive

Running Delulge

January 23, 2010, 07:09:10 AM
Reply #3

zlatko

You have to change both autoadd_location and torrent_location.

January 30, 2010, 01:41:45 PM
Reply #4

d3vil

I've tried it and still doesnt work..

March 08, 2010, 05:56:29 PM
Reply #5

sweetvn

I've tried it and still doesnt work..

Did you try set "autoadd_enable": true

March 10, 2010, 05:03:54 AM
Reply #6

marthor

Got the same problem. The torrents doesn't start automatically.

So where is this setting "autoadd_enable": true" Is it in /tmp/deluge/core.conf?

So is it correct that if this works deluge would automatically start downloading whatever torrent placed in the folder i have specified in deluge/core.conf under "torrent_location" whenever i log in to deluge by firefox??

March 10, 2010, 06:29:33 AM
Reply #7

sweetvn

Got the same problem. The torrents doesn't start automatically.

So where is this setting "autoadd_enable": true" Is it in /tmp/deluge/core.conf?

So is it correct that if this works deluge would automatically start downloading whatever torrent placed in the folder i have specified in deluge/core.conf under "torrent_location" whenever i log in to deluge by firefox??

"autoadd_enable": true in your deluge/core.conf.

You also have to specified in deluge/core.conf the "torrent_location" and "autoadd_location" to have the same place where your torrents lies.  If you have all that setting, whenever there is torrents in your "torrent_location", deluge automatically start download.  That's how I have mine to work.

March 11, 2010, 01:58:58 AM
Reply #8

marthor

"autoadd_enable": true in your deluge/core.conf.

You also have to specified in deluge/core.conf the "torrent_location" and "autoadd_location" to have the same place where your torrents lies.  If you have all that setting, whenever there is torrents in your "torrent_location", deluge automatically start download.  That's how I have mine to work.

Well i have now set "autoadd_enable": true and specified my ]"torrent_location" and "autoadd_location".

Deluge now automatically starts downloading if i place a new torrent in my folder. BUT still, if i do a restart of wd tv live my torrents are gone!. If i place the same torrent in my folder once again to continue the download, deluge just starts "checking" the torrent but doesn't start downloading. I have left it over night to see if it just needed time to check but nothing had happened. I assume that it should be possible to continue my download from where it has left off but apperantly not, and why the heck is my torrents missing?

March 11, 2010, 03:25:25 AM
Reply #9

rokr

1. nano /conf/deluge.conf NOT the /tmp one, tmp gets deleted after reboot/unplug

2. Set different "torrent_location" and another "autoadd_location" don't use the same folder for both!

.torrent files you drop in your "autoadd_location" GET DELETED after the download starts, so that they are not downloaded again.

If you want you can create a shortcut for your "autoadd_location" on your windows desktop, and just drop your .torrent files there...

March 11, 2010, 03:58:19 AM
Reply #10

marthor

1. nano /conf/deluge.conf NOT the /tmp one, tmp gets deleted after reboot/unplug

2. Set different "torrent_location" and another "autoadd_location" don't use the same folder for both!

.torrent files you drop in your "autoadd_location" GET DELETED after the download starts, so that they are not downloaded again.

If you want you can create a shortcut for your "autoadd_location" on your windows desktop, and just drop your .torrent files there...

ad 1) i also edited in /conf/deluge.conf
ad2 ) I guess this is where it went wrong for me. i followed this guidehttp://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=4979.0 and it stated:

Code:
nano -w /conf/deluge.conf
Scroll down to autoadd_location and torrent_location and change both to the location you wrote down for torrents, then press CTRL+0, then enter to save.

So i have the same path for both "torrent_location" and "autoadd_location".

I'll try changing this tonight

August 06, 2010, 10:28:48 PM
Reply #11

mankidavu

Hi all,

Can anyone guide me on few doubts on deluge.

I am able to set up and get it going ,by configuring autoadd and all.

My problem is, whenever I restart wdtvlive, I need to re-add the .torrent file to the auto-add folder to get it resumed.
This has been explained by rokr's post, as whatever in autoadd folder gets removed, once downloading starts.(to avoid duplication).

But, this looks difficult for bigger torrents. As wdtv takes longer duration than PCs to recheck the torrent and resume download.
For eg:, if the torrent file size is in GBs, it takes lots of time to get it checked upto 100% and to resume from the previous position.

Any workaround,improvements for this scenario?

August 10, 2010, 08:02:59 AM
Reply #12

mankidavu

Hi all,

Can anyone guide me on few doubts on deluge.

I am able to set up and get it going ,by configuring autoadd and all.

My problem is, whenever I restart wdtvlive, I need to re-add the .torrent file to the auto-add folder to get it resumed.
This has been explained by rokr's post, as whatever in autoadd folder gets removed, once downloading starts.(to avoid duplication).

But, this looks difficult for bigger torrents. As wdtv takes longer duration than PCs to recheck the torrent and resume download.
For eg:, if the torrent file size is in GBs, it takes lots of time to get it checked upto 100% and to resume from the previous position.

Any workaround,improvements for this scenario?

No one got,any tips to fine tune this?