Firstly, I must apologise for the simplistic nature of my questions and the quantity of them. I have had a good read round lots of posts / stickys on the forum and im not getting any further with my knowledge of the WD TV unit and its software.
I have the WD TV HD box, not the live one. I have the most up to date version of the firmware installed also.
I have the following questions / comments :
1. Some of the movie cover art is not displaying despite being the same filename as the movie file [excluding the file extension of course] ?
2. Why does the covert art only refresh when you scroll down to the row ? [I switch it off in the evening [to save power] and when i plug it back in the following evening, all the cover art starts refreshing again - its a bit pants !!!!
3. The covert art display is also pants !! - i.e the two rows of 6 covers. I have some people on this forum do some amazing alternatives to this, i.e 4 rows of 8 covers, backgrounds, etc - They are totally awsome, I have no idea how to do that - as much "plain english" help as possible !!
4. Is it possible for the unit to come on at the Movie Cover art screen rather than the home page. I only use my unit for movies and was curious if you could bypass the rubbish looking menu screen, or tart it up i suppose !
5. Movie sheets : I have seen people creating these, i.e the movie cover and a bit of text about the movie itself, That is awsome also.
If anyone can offer any help I would be a happy chap. The reason i have so many questions is I had Apple TV which looked freakin amazing - i could not afford to keep it [hard times] so i bought the WD TV unit [also the Apple TV's capacity is a bit poor], I just thought the menu navigation and overall feel of the WD TV could be a million times better and not even a competitor to ATV but it would be far better than it if they just sorted out all the silly and amateur navigation and graphical content.
Oh, in the words of Columbo !! One Last Thing - not too technical on the answers, I have no program or coding experience. Thanks V Much everyone who reads and responds.