Author Topic: REQ v1.02.08 - Thumbnail or list view for different folders.  (Read 2889 times)

April 23, 2009, 11:23:18 AM
Read 2889 times

macaddy

I think having the option of viewing some folders in "thumbnail view" and other folders in "list view"  would be a good thing!

Example: I've got every series of quite a few TV shows on my hard drive. I've got a folder for every show and inside that folder I've got a folder for every series with every episode from that series in that.

I want to be able to see the show and series folders in "thumbnail view" so I can see the art work  but I want to see the individual episodes in the series folders in "list view" because It's easier to find a particular episode. Plus, I can't embed any artwork in to my mpeg2 files.

At the moment when I go in to the episode folders there's just a messy wall of blank folders!

The same goes for music albums. I'd like to see the album cover then a list of the songs in the album.

Maybe being able to press the "option" button on the remote control and then being able to choose "thumbnail view" / "list view" when in the folder would be a way to do it? I'm not good at technical stuff like this there must be a simple enough way around it!

It would just make things tidier and easier to navigate. It's the only step from perfection in my opinion!  :)

April 23, 2009, 12:17:19 PM
Reply #1

Autumnsboy

I agree with the idea of a mixed mode (thumbnail and list) especially when it comes to music.  When you are looking at a bunch of albums, have it show the album covers.  Once you get into an album and are looking at songs, then a list mode is much easier.

April 25, 2009, 02:38:33 PM
Reply #2

macaddy

This is something that I'm starting to want desperately! Surely it would be simple enough to do? 

April 27, 2009, 09:32:35 AM
Reply #3

fred_be9300

is this a duplicate of Easy switch "list / thumbnail" view while navigating folders
http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=249.0

that one is about being able to switch easily on user's request.

Or do you expect the WDTV to somehow automagically recognize that certain folders would be better presented in list view, and others in thumbnail view?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:59:40 AM by fred_be9300 »

April 27, 2009, 01:49:58 PM
Reply #4

macaddy

Yeah, this one is just a duplicate thread! Sorry about that, I did look if there was any other threads on the same topic but must have missed it.

It would be good if when you decided to view a folder in list mode it would stay in list mode for that folder from then on. So every time you went in to that folder it would be in list mode. You know what I mean?

September 30, 2011, 11:34:42 PM
Reply #5

ddeconin

Idd also like the original request to be able to save separate settings for thumbnails or list view depending on the where you are browsing.
When browsing trough Albums I want the thumbnail view but inside the album idd like the list view.
wd should remember those settings.