Author Topic: integrated menu does not appear .VOB .IFO. BUP  (Read 2523 times)

January 18, 2010, 02:41:06 AM
Read 2523 times

matti85

Hello everybody,

I have a problem i don't know how to solve. When i download a complete DVD the computer shows two maps. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS since the AUDIO_TS map is empty i do not use this map.

When i select the VIDEO_TS map the movie starts to play inmediatly. The video works fine but it skips the menu(where you cant choose chapters and also select your subtitles).  When i use the subtitle option on the remote control it says: no subtitles.

If i select the map and play it with VLC-player(on my pc) the menu does appear and i can change the subtitles no problem with the file it seems.

Who knows what to do?

January 23, 2010, 08:58:50 AM
Reply #1

transamguy

The wdtv does not support DVD menus that I know off. I do not own one of the newer versions so I can't comment on that. Subtitles should work though. You might try a full reboot. (unplug power and plug back in) My subtitles thus far have worked without a problem. Since the menu's aren't supported they really are a waste of 4gb's of space. I would just go for a divx rip but that's just me.

January 29, 2010, 04:52:59 PM
Reply #2

DVD_nut

Mattie85
Unfortunatley WD did not see fit to incorporate IFO file decoding so their unit(s) will not function like a DVD player, ie: you won't get menus or chapters when playing back TS folders or ISO files.
I had mine for 1 week before returning it to the retailer and going elsewhere to buy a Seagate Freeagent Theatre + which does everthing, menus, chapters, slideshows etc.
WD say that licencing for the IFO file would make it very expensive, well the opposition seem to be able to do it for the same price  ::)

What to do? Sell it and start again