Author Topic: Experiences with 1.01.17-update  (Read 38735 times)

January 26, 2010, 08:40:36 AM
Reply #90

ck.null

One more point to note.................

WD released one more device (WD TV make 2). But not bug fixes for old devices.

It is better to wait on brad not WD.

Sorry guys.

January 26, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
Reply #91

myrdden

I upgraded to .17 from .11 via internet without any problem. But now I have huge probs with using the network connection. WDTV is loosing connection nearly every 10 minutes....  >:( !

Is there anyone else who has the same probs ?! Is downgrading to .11 an option ?! I'm using my WDTV only via NFS so right now, it's useless, if I loose connection every 10 minutes  >:(

Similar problem here.  I must unplug the unit and reset it each time to access the shares.  Problem happened after upgrading to .17.  I tried reverting to .11, but the problem remains.

WD support's only suggestion was to return the unit.  Which is looking like what I'll have to do.

January 28, 2010, 03:20:34 AM
Reply #92

MatthewS

Since it is a "ripoff" what the hell can you buy for the same price that plays everything /works better ???
BTW my WDTV plays everything I have EVER ripped for it. 

Price doesn't matter!  It needs to work as advertised on the freaking box!

You just rip and not convert? I convert to H264 .MKV and I experience subtitle "flash", audio out of sync (sometimes, especially after fast forward), and .JPG showing in addition to being used a thumbnails for the .MKVs.  All my .MKVs play fine in VLC on a Windows machine.

I'm using FW 1.01.11, not game to try flashing to a .17 because of the reported brickings.
Regards MatthewS

January 28, 2010, 03:08:12 PM
Reply #93

triehljr

Bought my unit several days ago and upon opening and powering it up, update was the first thing I did(Connected via Ethernet for now).  Update appeared to go smoothly.  I haven't really begun to use it yet so if there's a problem, I may not know about it.  For now, result is good but I will update if this changes.

Tom

January 28, 2010, 06:59:47 PM
Reply #94

megb6806

What a shocker of update!

Western digital is like any other big greedy company....they are only after your money...you buy their product (WDTV Live) and hope for the best...obviously if you are ONLY into watching avi's then its a good device but if your are into watching MP4 movies then you are in for a surprise......

January 31, 2010, 09:26:15 AM
Reply #95

gg

Hey all. I just upgraded to .17 a little while ago. Download and install went fine, but now I can't get my Network Share to show what's in the share. The first time it just said "Could Not Connect to Media Server". I unplugged it, plugged it back in and went back to network share and this time it found only one shared folder (out of 7). I even tried clearing the network share login info via setup and no go (although it somehow managed to maintain the login info even though I cleared it). I just checked my NAS where the shares are and everything is there, just doesn't show up on WDTV Live. Help!  :'(

This is the problem I'm facing after updating to .17.  Still can't access the network shares even after resetting the unit and unplugging.  Anyone else having this problem and if so, any other solutions?

Yes, i had the same problem! I couldn't access my network shares on my WinXP machine. Seems to me, that zonealarm 9.x is making some problems. This week i updated the firewall from a 7.x version to the 9.x. With the 7.x i had no problems. Turning the new 9.x off, fixed it for me. So i will downgrade back to 7.x.

Some information regarding the upgrade:

I have 2 WD TV Live... I made the upgrade through a wired connection over the inet. Everything went fine. I made the upgrade from 1.01.11 to 1.01.17 on both devices. One is connected per HDMI to the TV the other one is connected per Composite and Toslink. Of course both are connected to the router with a CAT5E ethernet cable. No USB devices were connected when the upgrade was made.

But one problem i mentioned yesterday. I tried to connect a 4 GB USB stick (FAT32), because my network shares were gone. And nothing happened. I couldn't access the stick... Is there a solution?

gg

February 03, 2010, 12:14:43 PM
Reply #96

Kiffi

I upgraded to .17 from .11 via internet without any problem. But now I have huge probs with using the network connection. WDTV is loosing connection nearly every 10 minutes....  >:( !

Is there anyone else who has the same probs ?! Is downgrading to .11 an option ?! I'm using my WDTV only via NFS so right now, it's useless, if I loose connection every 10 minutes  >:(

I found a way which works now since 1 week. After I had these probs I deleted network share information and set them up again. Up to now it works for me... let's wait and see if it works until a new firmware is released....hopefully  :-\

February 09, 2010, 04:52:54 AM
Reply #97

blacklight186

Hi Guys

I purchased WD TV Live on Friday the 5th... It came with firmware 1.01.10.. Everything worked perfectly on that (incl. no audio sync issues for mkv's) except for one mkv 6 channel g i joe file (around 2 gb). That file was skipping 1/2 second of audio every 5-10 secs (worked fine on my laptop though).

So I thought i would try to update to 1.01.17 latest firmware... Now ALL my mkv's have audio sync issues  >:( the same as many of you are reporting... I tried downgrading to 1.01.11 but the issue is still there...

Somehow I was wondering if someone has a copy of firmware 1.01.10? I want to revert to it! :( If not, I might try the 1.01.00 version on rapidshare which someone else has posted.. but if I can get .10 that would be great!

I really hope WD can fix this issue in their next update!!

February 09, 2010, 01:59:59 PM
Reply #98

blacklight186

An update on this...

I went for the version 1.01.00 of WD TV Live which someone has kindly uploaded to RS. My audio sync problems are GONE!!!  :)  ;D I suggest all of you having similar problems to downgrade to this version as it is the version which came originally with WD TV Live. I still have audio skipping issues with G I Joe mkv but that was there from the start... rest of the mkv's are now fine!

Still, if someone could upload version 1.01.10 that would be great as it also came with my WD TV Live and works fine! :)

Old Firmware Link:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Download-old-firmware/td-p/1066;jsessionid=EF90B6B1EC36C5CB9C3485C0BA432B64

Instructions on downgrading:
http://www.wdtvc.com/2009/05/03/revertingdowngrading-firmware/

Cheers! :)

February 09, 2010, 06:45:59 PM
Reply #99

betamaxman

My audio sync problems are only with HD podcasts files downloaded from revision3. Out of sync by 8 seconds. Hope this gets fixed soon. The problem was even mentioned on one of the podcasts in the HDnation section. These files play fine on my linksys media extender.

February 10, 2010, 03:47:36 AM
Reply #100

pitokhato

New official version 1.01.24 is out.  have not installed it yet.

Version 1.01.24:

Resolved Issues:

• Implemented add to playlist feature in YouTube.
• Added Save search queries to save users time in re-entering search terms in YouTube.
• Added seeking controls (fast forward/rewind) in the YouTube player in 10 second increments.
• Fixed YouTube video list not presented in the same order as provided by YouTube server.
• Added Flag Video feature to YouTube.
• Updated to the new YouTube Video logo throughout the application.
• Modified YouTube video timestamp format to make it more readable.
• Redesigned YouTube™ user interface to comply with YouTube requirements.

So from the release notes it looks like all updates are for YouTube.  However, I am not sure how many old issues are resolved or better way of putting it "How many new issues are added"