Author Topic: Home Movie Thumbnail creator?  (Read 12000 times)

February 09, 2010, 04:55:45 AM
Reply #15

migube

-----
WdTvLive - LG BD390 - Philips 47PFL8404h - Logitech  Z5400 - DM7000 - Synology 107+
If you developed some application or know about some new WDTVLive app.bin or binary files, please update the Wiki on http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Appz

February 09, 2010, 12:07:18 PM
Reply #16

morris_the_cat

May I ask you to help me with something?

:)

Can you try to use ffmpeg and see how difficult is to use it and what results you can get?
I feel if it works properly I can embed it inside and use it in the automatic mode (I keep my movie player for the manual shots anyway)

Thx for help ;)

I tried looking at that, and I just can't figure out how to use it - sorry!    ???
Hopefully Jason407's post is what you needed.  Those sure are nice looking thumbs!

February 09, 2010, 01:30:12 PM
Reply #17

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Hopefully Jason407's post is what you needed.  Those sure are nice looking thumbs!

Yes, I know what I need to do now, but I am afraid you must wait a bit more as I want to have another small release before the one where I will work exclusively to improve the automatic mode.
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

February 12, 2010, 10:30:43 PM
Reply #18

Whoheart

Could I ask you one thing. Are you saying that the TViXiE people are paying a license to use the Neodynamic ImageDraw library?

If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 12, 2010, 11:40:21 PM
Reply #19

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Yes. They collected donations and bought it.
Get ThumbGen!

February 13, 2010, 12:39:15 PM
Reply #20

Whoheart

Ah.. didn't know that.

Its the one who does the glass reflections on the covers, right?
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 13, 2010, 12:54:48 PM
Reply #21

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Exactly. I support it fully in ThumbGen, but... no licence, so no deployment... so the user must "improvise"  ::)
Get ThumbGen!

February 28, 2010, 06:44:26 AM
Reply #22

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
I got it working inside ThumbGen now I must decide how I integrate it inside GUI (takes several snapshots and stacks them => thumbnail)

You need to install http://moviethumbnail.sourceforge.net/ (kudos to jason407, the app seems quite good) and then in ThumbGen's Options you select the install path. From that moment generating "blind" thumbnails is activated. I think it is not so complicated for the user to add a reference to that tool instead of me deploying it always (it is quite big). I will do it by myself without any external libraries by simply extending what I already have for making snapshots.

Now the problem: how to integrate it in the GUI.

Possibilities:

1. In the "Own Video Snapshots" add a button "Get me a random thumbnail" (maybe useful when user is in Manual mode but too lazy to make own snapshots)
2. In the Automatic mode if you disable Search then I try to build up automatically thumbnails ONLY from movie snapshots
3. Add an extra flag for the Automatic mode that says something like: "if no thumbnail is found or multiple matches found and TG cannot decide what movie it is then build thumbnail from snapshots"...
4. ... ?

Any suggestions? I can implement all points above or just some of them...

PS: You have time the next days to suggest how should I do it, if no suggestions I implement points 1,2,3 and that's it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:13:14 AM by thumbgen »
Get ThumbGen!

February 28, 2010, 08:58:37 PM
Reply #23

Whoheart

Heh, I like that: You have 24 hours to suggest something or its too late... GO!

;D

Sounds like you covered it though. :)

March 01, 2010, 12:02:50 AM
Reply #24

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Till Wednesday I planned to have this done then Thursday-Friday two new collectors then Saturday minor-release... time costs money so let's not waste it   :D
Get ThumbGen!

March 01, 2010, 01:27:35 PM
Reply #25

morris_the_cat

1,2 & 3 would be perfect!  Thanks!

March 02, 2010, 01:45:44 PM
Reply #26

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
1 and 2 are ready. 3 will come a bit later when I will work on the automatic mode. There is nothing extra required; if you can make manual snapshots then automatic ones will work too.
For point 2 I added in the Select files/folder dialog a button: Process selected files and generate thumbs based on snapshots. So it has nothing to do with search, making it perfect for own movies: you select the folder and press a button :)

Ready to be tested in the next release.
Get ThumbGen!

March 04, 2010, 11:18:49 PM
Reply #27

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
I have to come back and cancel one of my statements from above... my implem of automaking the sceencaps is toooo slow compared with MovieThumbnail. Beside that I sometimes get black screencaps or blurry ones. I have both options implemented but the MovieThumbnail is too good to be ignored. I will use it in my release. All u need to do is to install MovieThumnail somewhere on HDD and in ThumbGen you select the path to the mtn.exe file. That's it.
Get ThumbGen!

March 07, 2010, 01:26:47 AM
Reply #28

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Done!

Go to Options, download movie thumbnailer (if u do not have it already) then select the path to mtn.exe. Then go to "Select files/folders" dialog, select(check) you home movies and there is a new button "Generate thumbs from snapshots". Press it and be a bit patient :)
Get ThumbGen!

March 10, 2010, 10:36:51 PM
Reply #29

morris_the_cat

Holy smokes!  It works!  You are a genius!  Wow!  It is so easy & fully automatic!  Many thanks!