Author Topic: 10/100 or Gigabit  (Read 4573 times)

January 08, 2010, 02:01:40 PM
Read 4573 times

SCADA.30

Does anyone know what speed the Ethernet port is on the WDTV Live?

January 08, 2010, 04:28:25 PM
Reply #1

rodfeli

It is only 10/100 Mbps... and a shame...
WDTV LIVE | FW 1.02.21 | Lilibabe's Picto OSD Mod
WDTV1 | FW 1.03.01 | Lilibabe's v2.0 OSD Mod

January 13, 2010, 04:24:45 AM
Reply #2

djolek

yes its a shame. but shame on sigma, they still have no support for gig-eth.

February 04, 2010, 10:01:05 PM
Reply #3

nonnopaolo

Hello everyone.
But, why copying files from Mac to hard disk through ethernet and WDTBV Live is the speed so slow?
It is just 2 Mbps; when I copy files from Mac to Mac speed is at least 80 Mbps...
Do anyone have the same problem?
Thanks
Paolo

March 04, 2010, 06:29:28 AM
Reply #4

Armand

But, why copying files from Mac to hard disk through ethernet and WDTBV Live is the speed so slow?
It is just 2 Mbps; when I copy files from Mac to Mac speed is at least 80 Mbps...
Your drive is hooked to USB. Sometimes the wD and external drticve case have recognition problems perhaps you are going down to usb 1.
In any case for the WD TV LIve 100 speed network is fine because 10 is above usb transfers and 100 is more than enough for 1080 stremaing to the device.

Gigabit is included on newer or better stream boxes becasue they have esata hdd connections. In other words there is nothing the WD  TV LIVE needs gigabit for as long as it lacks esata.

March 10, 2010, 06:57:54 PM
Reply #5

golf4life80

Hello everyone.
Thanks
Paolo

I am also having this same problem. Transferring files from my PC over the network to a USB drive attached to the WDTV Live only gets me about 2-3 Mbps. I haven't done a whole lot of checking for answers about this yet though.

April 08, 2010, 11:15:31 AM
Reply #6

marinz

• arcierisinasce

Hello everyone.
Thanks
Paolo

I am also having this same problem. Transferring files from my PC over the network to a USB drive attached to the WDTV Live only gets me about 2-3 Mbps. I haven't done a whole lot of checking for answers about this yet though.

same problem: 2 Mbps from my Arch Linux to usb drive, via ethernet network

May 06, 2010, 05:32:36 AM
Reply #7

tripps

So basically a 10/100/1000 router is overkill since the wdtv can only receive transfer speeds in the 10/100 range? When streaming ~1.5GB files to my TV the picture is choppy and no sound. When the file is on a USB drive and plugged into the wdtv, the video streams fine.

May 10, 2010, 06:00:10 PM
Reply #8

BatKing

I am not sure why your network speed is that slow.

For the record with Windows File Sharing (SMB) i can get 50Mbps speed (7MB per sec). with NFS I get about 90Mbps or 11MB per second.

I can stream a 35GB ts or MKV file no problem with SMB but that's about the limit. Anything better than 35GB, I need NFS for it to run smooth. However with Bluray ISO file, even a 20GB iso sometime will stutter. Only USB works good with Bluray ISO. I am not sure why because obviously my network speed is not the problem.