WEBSERVER ADDONS v0.3
This version has not been tested with the latest firmware. But it should not present any errors. It includes a video resume option that has now been included with the latest firmware also.
This package contains addons which are all configurable through a web interface. Some are webapplications and others modify the user interface (UI). Any addon can be disabled. Most addons require an Internet conncetion so be sure you have a USB network adapter.Please check this thread on more information about what webserver addons are.
There are some unfinished features and settings. These are configurable but will not work like aspect ratio on images. Everything took a lot more time than expected and the year is almost over. Maybe these will be finished, maybe not. For now this is what it is.
Most noticeable you can now configure stuff on screen. You can edit text files to change configurations (for use without network) and all movie info can be saved anywhere to prevent errors with unwritable directories because of incorrect right settings.
So please enjoy. Report bug, but they might not be fixed very fast. Just so you know. :-)
The info is now saved to the USB by default instead of the movie directory. Make sure you have enough space or change the setting!
Make sure you navigate through USBx to your shares and then create the info. Otherwise it will not show up.
Download this version if you have no idea what optware is and have no opt.bin file on your pen drive.Download full version 0.3 with optware (44MB)
Download this version if you already have optware. You can also use this version if you are not planning on using the movie/music info addons. If you have optware and want to use the clock and movie/music info addons you need to install php-gd to resize images.Download version 0.3 (22MB)
DONATIONS AND SUPPORT
The first donations will go to flowers for my girlfriend to compensate for the time I spent on this, haha. The rest will go to nice cold beers to drink while developing more stuff. :-)Click here to donate to the WDTV Webserver addons AKA flowers and beer fund.
- Fixed layout of 'Nothing to display.' text in webcontrol.
- Fixed lilibabe background updating, now instantly.
- Fixed bug where backdrops were always downloaded.
- Fixed bug where last cover was shown when no cover available.
- Fixed osd mods not visible right after boot.
- Complete rework of scripts, files and paths.
- Config from web interface and from conf.txt files on usb pen/drive.
- Config for other settings like kill background processes and osd modification.
- Config to use boot persistent image cache.
- Config to use boot persistent video resume.
- Auto detection for boot device and where apps are stored.
- Auto detection for webserver, OSD addons can use PHP from optware now.
- New hack for music info in thumb mode.
- New hack to allow magic mount in thumb mode.
- Movie info can be created live while browsing.
- Movie info uses copy now for improved stability.
- Movie info now has quality and aspect ratio settings.
- Movie info uses parent layout for sub directories.
- Movie info routines optimized for speed.
- Movie info now checks backdrop setting to skip setting background.
- Movie info can download and play trailers while downloading.
- Movie info can extract subs and play movies while extracting.
- Movie info can show movie still images from moviepicturesdb.com.
- Movie info can show actors with images from themoviedb.org.
- Movie info can display wd_tv.jpg, TViX.jpg and wd_tv2.jpg.
- Movie info can move single files to its own folder.
- Movie info can rename folders to clean movie titles.
- Movie info can rename folders using patterns like 'title (genre, year)'.
- Movie info can save info to custom path like writable usb pendrive/stick.
- Movie info scans nfo files for IMDB id and audio/video format information.
- Movie info adds automatically adds file info for browsing to templates.
- Movie info cleanup removes info from sub directories too.
- Movie info has several new templates.
- Movie cover in info bar while playing.
- Webcontrol recognized more file types now.
- Webcontrol powers on device when off.
- Webcontrol tries to detect screen saver to reduce pause before playing.
- Webcontrol now has video cover on play.
- Webcontrol now updates cover on screen.
- Webcontrol has improved directory listing.
- Webcontrol can now start music/video from browse mode.
- Webcontrol shows cover art in browse mode.
- Webcontrol shows music/movie info and actors.
- Clock hands rendering now supports round clock setting.
- Date updates after standby.
- New addon to enable/disable applications from webbrowser and screen.
- New addon to enable/disable addons from webbrowser and screen.
- New option to enable/disable webserver from screen.
- New option to change wallpaper from screen.
- New option to reboot from screen.
- New addon shell, protected with root password.
- Fixed bug with latest event-osd.
- Fixed bug where disabling RSS would reset device.
- New addon for fully customizable clock and date.
- RSS now has scalable custom background image option.
- Weather now has scalable custom background image option.
- Weather can display current conditions (requested).
- Webcontrol has new movie/music info button.
- Webcontrol can recursively create playlists to play media on your laptop with vlc/videolan.
- Webcontrol support for list/thumb browsing and media library.
- Webcontrol has auto detect for USB port.
- Remount has auto detect for USB port.
- Thumbs, movie and music info detect if folders are writable.
- Thumbs, movie and music info list empty directories to allow writable ntfs.
- Wallpaper auto-detects ext-boot/WDLXTV.
- Wallpaper auto-detects lilibabe (welcome_background.png).
- New test folder for quick preview of movie info.
- Initial version