Author Topic: TheTvDB v3.0 TVSheetGenerator - r5.4 - with WD-TV mod and Showcase support  (Read 85217 times)

January 05, 2010, 03:59:53 PM
Reply #30

Ernis

@jmswarner: Yes, I assume you found that in the INI file you can change folder_sheet.jpg to whatever you like. However, in the copier step the sheets are always copied to the "target" folder using msheet naming standards (<foldername>_sheet.jpg and <filename.ext>_sheet.jpg). If you want to use wd_tv.jpg or folder_sheet.jpg you can take the sheets from the source folder instead (the subfolder named after the series).

@Ron[NL]: Hi again :D. Thanks! Yes, it is a bit tricky. The example that you show is a bit of a special case since it is the "specials" folder for Heroes. TheTVDB lists all specials together, regardless of season, and therefore the season 00 can contain very many episodes for certain serieses. For "normal" seasons there are usually less than 30 episodes which is fine with the default template. I don't know a nice/easy way of solving the season 00 problem programmatically, but what you could do is to use the "Runscript" and select the C script (generate sheet) and generate specifically for season 00 and select a different season template that doesn't show episode names at all. (or perhaps someone could create a separate season template that is better suited for long lists of episodes, for example using smaller font and more than 14 episodes in the first column).

January 05, 2010, 04:59:24 PM
Reply #31

JohnDoe

Hi this tool is very great. But is it possible that i can choose the language used in the TvDB? I'm from Germany and manually I can use Informations from TvDB in German, so it would be fantastic if the choice would exist to get the German Informations from TheTvDB with your TVSheetGenerator
THX&GREETZ JohnDoe

January 06, 2010, 06:18:34 AM
Reply #32

pluto69

Hi this tool is very great. But is it possible that i can choose the language used in the TvDB? I'm from Germany and manually I can use Informations from TvDB in German, so it would be fantastic if the choice would exist to get the German Informations from TheTvDB with your TVSheetGenerator
THX&GREETZ JohnDoe

1) Look for the following two strings in the "B.Download images.mscr"

strUrl = "http://thetvdb.com/api/BE74C9BE57F37CEF/series/" & arySeriesID[intChoice] & "/all/en.zip"
                strBaseInfo = ReadFile(strTheTvDBPath \ "en.xml")
2) change the words "en.zip" and "en.xml" into "de.zip" and "de.xml"

3) run the main script and you will now see all the show infos scraped from the tvDB in german!

Of course, since the script was initially thought to work only in english,  you may experience some problems with special characters typical of german language. So, you need to check the infos, after the scraping of the tv show, for correctness.

Bye, pluto69

January 06, 2010, 10:20:02 AM
Reply #33

taxicab

i am having a problem with this,  i get all the folders ect but no images is there something wrong with the site as it seem s everybody else is getting it or am i doing something wrong, i follow the auto script with default setting thank,s for any help  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

January 06, 2010, 10:51:49 AM
Reply #34

Ernis

hi taxicab, there is no problem with thetvdb.com site right now, so there must be some other problem. Have you installed the microsoft c++ distributable patch that seems to be needed for some people in order to get this to work? See earlier in this thread, there is a link to the patch in an earlier post. If that doesn't help, please provide some more info... for example, do you get any error messages?

By the way, when you say "no images", is that no images in the target folder or is it that you cant get them to show on wdtv?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:58:05 AM by Ernis »

January 06, 2010, 10:56:38 AM
Reply #35

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
@ dnicks and @ Ernis

Thanks guys for the quick replies and the adjusted scripts. I've just downloaded and will test it .
Now back to own little programming course called WDTV Movie Sheet Generator v1.6.0.0  ;D ;D
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

January 06, 2010, 12:23:40 PM
Reply #36

Ernis

Good luck Ron, great that you are keeping wdtvmsg alive and well:-). The new seasons template from dnicks that support higher number of episodes will be included in the next full release of the tvsheetgenerator.

@pluto69: Thanks for the help regarding language. I have made language code an INI parameter in the new release.

@johndoe: In the next release  (coming soon) you will be able to specify LanguageCode=de in the INI file - I have included the change that pluto69 described above and made languagecode into a variable. I've tested to generate German sheets for Heroes. The result was pretty OK... the plot was in German in the series sheet (but some other info was in english), the episode names and episode plot were in german for those that were translated (season 1-3 - most of...), and in english for those that were not (season 4). So, you don't get fully german sheets, there would be more work needed to achieve that (changes to templates and changes to script code in addition to the prerequisite that german info exist for the series on thetvdb). One word of caution... Once translated versions of the episodes become available you will get duplicate episodes because the TVSheetgenerator creates subfolders using episode name. So there will be both english and german episode folders which is then used to create episode lists and episode sheets. It's hard to predict how things will actually work... it might resolve itself if you simply manually remove the old english folders/seasons before running the program. Like pluto69 says, there is also a risk that national characters can cause some issues because the program is not originally written to take language into account (but for Heroes the national characters worked without any big problem).

January 06, 2010, 02:48:57 PM
Reply #37

JohnDoe

@pluto69&Ernis thx for your help! For the moment everything works fine for me and I'm curious about your next update. I noticed some problems you mentioned which can appear with this language change. So it would be great if you could add in the next version of your tool something to correct the problems manually ( if some episode content is in the wrong language or something else ) after your tool has finished its work.
THX & Greetz JohnDoe

January 06, 2010, 07:05:53 PM
Reply #38

Ernis

In addition to what dnicks mentions, there are a few things you can do:

The first is fairly easy: To remove some English words from the the sheets you can edit the "Utility Write Templates.mscr" and create German versions of the default templates. It's the words "Series", "Episode List" and "minutes" that can easily be replaced by German words.

The other is a bit more complicated and comes over time:
I use Heroes as an example. In Season 3 you get the following subfolders (episodes 1-20 are available on theTVDb.com in German):
Code: [Select]
[20 Hauch des Todes]
[21 Into Asylum]
[22 Turn and Face the Strange]
[23 1961]
[24 I Am Sylar]
[25 An Invisible Thread]
Then someone puts in German information for episode 21. When you run the TVSheetgenerator you then get the following subfolders:
Code: [Select]
[20 Hauch des Todes]
[21 Into Asylum]
[21 Zuflucht]
[22 Turn and Face the Strange]
[23 1961]
[24 I Am Sylar]
[25 An Invisible Thread]
Episode 21 is duplicated. Unfortunately both episodes show up in the episode list in the season sheet. So, what you can do is to delete the folder with the English version of episode 21. You will need to do this manually - and continually as new German information becomes available. I would require very big redesign of the program to take care of this "problem" automatically. Basically the TVSheetgenerator is designed for single language (English), but can do OK with local language.

January 06, 2010, 07:15:27 PM
Reply #39

chriller9

Hi!
Hoping someone can help a complete newbee with this... but I don't know if in the right thread...
I've gotten the MSheet-function to work fine on my WDTV when I use the "TEST-package" that comes with the mod - but I can't get the WDTV to show me the _sheet.jpg's for my tv-shows. It still just shows me "empty thumbnails".
The script itself works without any problems - thanx for that :-)

So I guess my question is:
Does anyone know if I have to change some settings in the files for the MSheet - or is there just something, that I've completely misunderstood in the whole installation-process?

I've searched everywhere for a tutorial of some sort - but without any luck.

What I did was this:
1) I installed the latest WDLXTV
2) I unzipped the "MSheet"-applikation to a flash drive and rebooted my WDTV (works fine with the attached "Test-folder" from Tiki's website)
3) I ran the TVSheetGenerator-script on my computer (just for one show for now...) - and my folder structure looks like this:

TVSHOWS
- Bones <folder>
   Bones_sheet.jpg
  -- folder.jpg
      Bones Season 01 <folder>
      Bones Season 01_sheet.jpg
     --- Episode 1.mkv
          Episode 1.mkv_sheet.jpg
          Episode 2.mkv
          Episode 2.mkv_sheet.jpg
          Episode 3.mkv
          Episode 3.mkv_sheet.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance for any help...

January 07, 2010, 05:05:34 AM
Reply #40

nights6156

Hi!
This is my first post!!!

Great job on this "magic box"

Is it me or the script cannot download images since yesterday??

Keep getting error in line 127... And all works fine for me till yesterday

regards!

January 07, 2010, 07:38:48 AM
Reply #41

nights6156

i think "thetvdb.com" is offline... can someone confirm??

January 07, 2010, 10:53:46 AM
Reply #42

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
i think "thetvdb.com" is offline... can someone confirm??

Hmm, it's working here at the moment
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

January 07, 2010, 11:32:14 AM
Reply #43

Ernis

I was also experiencing problems yesterday and this morning with thetvdb.com. They seem to have stability problems (maybe it is all the downloading that is going on ;)). But right not is is up and working well. I don't have any inside info regarding thetvdb.com so when I get problems then I just do like everyone else... check if I can get to www.thetvdb.com in my browser. If not, then the sheet generator doesnt work. Let's hope it will be stable for a while now...

@chriller9: If your sheets are generated as they should and you get the xxx_sheet.jpg, then I guess this is not the right thread for your question. It fits better in the msheet thread. But... I can see if I can help you anyway... Your structure looks right as far as I understand it. Can you confirm that you have the bones_sheet.jpg stored in the TVSHOWS folder? That's how i read your explanation and that is the correct way. Then the bones sheet should be displayed when you navigate with the arrows to the bones folder. One small bug with msheet has been that you need to set the wdtv setting (on one of the setting menus) "Display file size" to OFF. You say that the msheet test works correctly. is that true for att msheet test variants (i.e. all subfolders in msheet test)? Also... you mention that you don't get thumbnails... What size is the folder.jpg that you have in the bones folder? It needs to have pretty low resolution (something like 120x180) and then you get a file size of around 10kb which should work. In order to get thumbnails for your episode files you need to add "episode 1.jpg" etc. The tvsheetgenerator help you with the folder.jpg, but does not help with episodefile.jpg thumbs. To get that you can for example use the freeware "Video Thumbnails Maker" which extracts an image for you directly from the episode file. (see recent thread about displaying thumbnails). Finally... if the thumbs are correct, but still not displayed, then it can have to do with persistent thumbnails. If you use the .thumbDB functionality for persistent thumbnails, and have been in the tvshow folder before you added the folder.jpg, then you may have a 0 size thumb for the folder within the .thumbDB folder. You then need to go in and delete any 0 size thumb files to instruct the wdtv to reload and display the newly added thumb. Hope this helps!

January 07, 2010, 12:53:46 PM
Reply #44

taxicab

hi taxicab, there is no problem with thetvdb.com site right now, so there must be some other problem. Have you installed the microsoft c++ distributable patch that seems to be needed for some people in order to get this to work? See earlier in this thread, there is a link to the patch in an earlier post. If that doesn't help, please provide some more info... for example, do you get any error messages?

By the way, when you say "no images", is that no images in the target folder or is it that you cant get them to show on wdtv?

ok , thanks for the reply firstly when i go to the website the images arent displayed, using opera 10 or ie 8, secondly i have installed the microsoft update as you said, the scripts run as they should when i check the season folders there on no jpegs just gifs 1x1 basicaly a white dot
, any ideas would be appreciated, i view my pictures with infraview. ???