Author Topic: TheTvDB v3.0 TVSheetGenerator - r5.4 - with WD-TV mod and Showcase support  (Read 85362 times)

January 01, 2010, 01:15:48 PM
Reply #15

j03

By the way, you can run the copier step separately as many times as you like. Just start "Utility RunScript.exe" and select the "TheTvDB v3.0 D.Copy Files.mscr" script. It is super quick and saves time from running the whole process.

Ah ok, gotcha. I got it all sorted now.

One last question. In the sample video at the beginning of this thread it shows how you can go to the TV Show and scroll through the episodes and the .avi file is displayed on the bottom so you can just click on it to watch. How do you get that to show up? I load the sheet but the only thing I can do is hop to the next episode sheet then back out of everything and then find the avi file i want to play.

**** EDIT ****

I just realized that WDTV Live is not supported for TVSheet Gen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:20:40 PM by j03 »

January 02, 2010, 07:45:54 AM
Reply #16

Ernis

New revision available. See first post.

January 02, 2010, 07:49:24 AM
Reply #17

Ernis

@j03: Bummer! The sheet generator works in Windows as you know. The question is whether someone has or will develop an application like msheet or laurentg to display the sheets on wdtv live. I only own the original wdtv so I am not following the wdtv live section of this forum. We'll see what happens...

January 02, 2010, 08:37:41 AM
Reply #18

PeterUK

January 02, 2010, 05:45:35 PM
Reply #19

Ernis

By the way... if you are worried that there has been many releases in a short period of time. I hope and think that this application has worked pretty well for folks (many have downloaded it and not many have complained:-). By now I have included the main features that I was planning for - building on the work by B5Fan, so I expect that there will now be a more quiet period with not so many new releases. And maybe B5Fan will release an even better program for TV Shows soon - who knows  :D.

For those of you who like the script programming, feel free to modify scripts to enhance the program. If you want to share these modifications I suggest you create scripts with different names than these "official" scripts and share them in this thread. Any script can be run by other users by either copying an existing script .exe file and renaming to the same name as the new script - OR by running "Utility Runscript.exe" and selecting the script they want to run.

For those who are talented in making nice sheet layouts: Have a look in the "utility write templates.mscr" script and see if you can create new layouts for your own sheets and perhaps share those as well. The variables that you can use in templates are described in "Template variables.txt" in the templates folder (new in revision 3). Dnicks has created the default layouts (that I really like) and there may be others who have other nice ideas who wants to share them. (I personally am crap at doing nice layouts.)

Cheers and happy sheet generation! / Ernis

January 03, 2010, 12:30:54 PM
Reply #20

Ernis

Thanks, well spotted! This will be part of the next revision./Ernis

January 04, 2010, 09:49:37 AM
Reply #21

taxicab

sorry to be a noob love the work , just cant seem to do, is there a tutorial from start to end, many thanks again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

January 04, 2010, 02:45:09 PM
Reply #22

Ernis

If you experience problems with the downloads it could be because http://www.thetvdb.com/ is down (like it is right now). You can always check if it is available or not by navigating to the site in your browser (e.g. by clicking the link in this post). If you can't get to the site with your browser, it is very unlikely that the TVSheetGenerator will work. Then try again later.

January 05, 2010, 01:17:30 AM
Reply #23

taxicab

thanks for your help dnicks & Ernis. i thought it was me ;D

January 05, 2010, 03:34:07 AM
Reply #24

andy1911

i am liking this :)
thx

only issue i find with it is when i go into say eps 3 of a series it brings up the description for that series but then when i go back out it is stuck with that back?

January 05, 2010, 05:17:49 AM
Reply #25

jmswarner

i am having a problem with this, when i search for the tv show i get a error message that says:

'http://www.thetvdb.com/api/getseries.php?seriesname=tales from the crypt' couldn't be opened

line 127 (c:\users\james\desktop\tvdb\thetvdb v3.0 b.download images.mscr):
strgetseries = readfile(strurl)

any help with this..thanks in advance

January 05, 2010, 05:50:34 AM
Reply #26

Ernis

@andy1911: Are you talking about when you watch the sheets on your wdtv? If so you should probably direct the question to the thread for the application you use to show the sheet... laurentg or msheet (or webserver addons). If you are using TiTi's msheet - there used to be a problem that if you go to episode level and press the back key, then the episode sheet would continue to be shown instead of the season sheet. Similarly, if you watch a season sheet and back out, the season sheet would continue to be shown instead of the series sheet. This problem was fixed in the latest version of msheet (2.01). See the msheet thread for the latest version. If I have misunderstood your problem, could you try and explain a bit more please :).

@jmswarner: As I mention in my post from yesterday: They currently seem to have stability problems with http://www.thetvdb.com/. I get the exact same error as you at the moment. Check periodically until the site is up and then run the tvsheetgenerator again and see if it works. Hope this helps! :)

January 05, 2010, 09:07:07 AM
Reply #27

Ernis

hmmmm... found a bug in the download part of the program ("TheTvDB v3.0 B.Download Images.mscr"). If you run the program for a series that you have already genrated sheets for before, it can happen that you don't get sheets for newly added episodes. I am testing a simple fix to the download script, which seems to fix the problem. For now, for those interested and knowledgeable, you can try by commenting out the if/endif statements as per below. Or you can wait for the next revision in which the fix will be included.
Code: [Select]
#  If (Not(FileExists(StrZipPath)))
    strUrl = "http://thetvdb.com/api/BE74C9BE57F37CEF/series/" & arySeriesID[intChoice] & "/all/en.zip"
    Download(strURL, strZipPath)
    UnzipAll(strZipPath, strTheTvDBPath)
#  EndIf

January 05, 2010, 11:36:29 AM
Reply #28

jmswarner

Is it possible to change the image name from folder_sheet.jpg to wd_tv.jp, for the laurentg sheet? I searched the config file and didnt see an option for this.
EDIT!!!!!! never mind figured it out

January 05, 2010, 03:32:05 PM
Reply #29

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
Wow. Impressive how this program has evolved. Just downloaded rev3 of v3.0. I like it a lot.

I just created sheets for Heroes and noticed that if there are a lot of episodes per season, things don't look so pretty.

See : http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=dydmj3myoin&thumb=5

I think this is tricky to solve, or am I wrong ?

WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1