Author Topic: WD HD TV 2 and photos  (Read 3782 times)

December 24, 2009, 06:28:52 AM
Read 3782 times

rayd

Now I've managed to get HDMI output working by cutting the end plastic off an HDMI cable, I'm very pleased with my version 2 player.

BUT - viewing photos it won't move between them with Next and Pevious. It will only move when the slideshow tells it to.

Slideshow set to Normal and 3 seconds but takes a lot longer than 3 seconds.

Firmware xxxxx.75

Any ideas, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Ray D

December 24, 2009, 09:55:26 PM
Reply #1

Avijeet

• Personal Text
    WHY SO SERIOUS ?

Now I've managed to get HDMI output working by cutting the end plastic off an HDMI cable, I'm very pleased with my version 2 player.

Can u share pic of the HDMI cable with truncated head..... m facing the same problem..... WDTV goes to AV mode every time i switch it on..... Do i have to cut the plastic head only the WDTV end or also the TV end.
LG PLASMA 50" QP30,
SAMSUNG 29" 100Hz Z40,
WDTV, 500GB PASSPORT, 500GB Free Agent
Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP
Xtreamer
Planning for PS3 lite.

December 25, 2009, 04:56:49 AM
Reply #2

rayd

Can u share pic of the HDMI cable with truncated head..... m facing the same problem..... WDTV goes to AV mode every time i switch it on..... Do i have to cut the plastic head only the WDTV end or also the TV end.
You just have to trim 1 or 2mm of plastic at the WDTV end of the cable - the TV end should be OK.

The problem seems to be that the HDMI socket on the WDTV is recessed a bit too much and some HDMI cables make contact and some don't. Trim 1mm of the plastic housing off with a sharp knife first and try it. If that's not enough, trim another 1mm. I used a stanley knife and it cut quite neatly.

Cheers,

Ray D

December 26, 2009, 01:53:27 PM
Reply #3

BottomFeeder

BUT - viewing photos it won't move between them with Next and Pevious. It will only move when the slideshow tells it to.

Slideshow set to Normal and 3 seconds but takes a lot longer than 3 seconds.

Firmware xxxxx.75

Any ideas, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Ray D

I suspect that the time it takes to read in the next photo takes longer than 3 seconds. I'm guessing that the speed it takes to actually read in the next photo is added to the 3 seconds.  The next and previous buttons do work for me, but possibly you are not allowing enough time to read in the next/previous photo.  I've been using both functions after I pause the slideshow and both functions do work from the pause position.

I'm using the original firmware (xxxxx.70) as it has not yet been convenient for me to do a firmware upgrade yet.

January 06, 2010, 08:58:54 PM
Reply #4

Avijeet

• Personal Text
    WHY SO SERIOUS ?

You just have to trim 1 or 2mm of plastic at the WDTV end of the cable - the TV end should be OK.

The problem seems to be that the HDMI socket on the WDTV is recessed a bit too much and some HDMI cables make contact and some don't. Trim 1mm of the plastic housing off with a sharp knife first and try it. If that's not enough, trim another 1mm. I used a stanley knife and it cut quite neatly.

Cheers,

Ray D

Hey man... i just trim the plastic head.. and plug the HDMI in to WDTV
i was expecting that horny whore wdtv to moan ... Yesssssss.... or Ahhh....   ;D hahahahah
but it worked..... WDTV is now permanently staying on HDMI not switching back to AV

Thanks

LG PLASMA 50" QP30,
SAMSUNG 29" 100Hz Z40,
WDTV, 500GB PASSPORT, 500GB Free Agent
Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP
Xtreamer
Planning for PS3 lite.