Author Topic: Converting Blu-rays to MKV  (Read 28594 times)

March 16, 2010, 12:21:46 AM
Reply #30

Neosh1014

Hi, guys!
My pleasure to give you my suggestions. :)
I use Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, and recommend you use it, I heard about this program through forums like doom9 and AV fourms, Itís everything I could want in a program that renders video in different formats especially HD formats with AC3 codec(I can backup all my Blu Ray  in formats that are compatible with my PS3)! Cool!
Look at this tips about rip Blu-ray to mkv for WD TV:
first, take a look about WDTV supported file formats
video: MPEG1/2/4,  WMV9, AVI (MPEG4, Xvid, AVC), H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4,  H.264), Subtitle SRT (UTF-8)
audio: MP3,  WMA, OGG, WAV/PCM/LPCM, AAC, FLAC, Dolby Digital, AIF/AIFF, MKA Playlist PLS, M3U, WPL
second, use pavtube with this perfect settings

Good luck!

May 05, 2010, 10:46:14 PM
Reply #31

jimmy8765

Compared with other sharewares,the Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper Software is currently the best ripping software and surprisingly it can rip both DVDs & Blu-Ray Discs without the need of having a different Undo-Protection program. I have tried many brands of ripping software with poor results. PavTube Blue-Ray Ripper is a real "Swiss Knife". Additionally, I must report that conversion speed of DVD Ripping is really astonishing but I think ripping a Blu-Ray Disc is fairly slow but quite reasonable. The quality of the output video files is also superb.

With this program,you can add different subtitles to converted files and supports Dolby TrueHD/ DTS-HD encoded audio, which enables you to select any of the tracks in the source Blu-ray disc, no matter your mother tongue or other foreign languages.

If you want to rip blu ray to other format,you can download demo version from http://www.pavtube.com/blu-ray-ripper/

One thing I liked about the demo version is that it ripped the whole movie, not just the first 2 minutes.

May 06, 2010, 11:08:33 AM
Reply #32

Solver

I wish we could see the video bitrate and frame rate, the drop-down box is covering those values.  What values should we use?

BTW, the demo version puts a prominent watermark on the video.

Hi, guys!
My pleasure to give you my suggestions. :)
I use Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, and recommend you use it, I heard about this program through forums like doom9 and AV fourms, Itís everything I could want in a program that renders video in different formats especially HD formats with AC3 codec(I can backup all my Blu Ray  in formats that are compatible with my PS3)! Cool!
Look at this tips about rip Blu-ray to mkv for WD TV:
first, take a look about WDTV supported file formats
video: MPEG1/2/4,  WMV9, AVI (MPEG4, Xvid, AVC), H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4,  H.264), Subtitle SRT (UTF-8)
audio: MP3,  WMA, OGG, WAV/PCM/LPCM, AAC, FLAC, Dolby Digital, AIF/AIFF, MKA Playlist PLS, M3U, WPL
second, use pavtube with this perfect settings

Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:23:11 AM by Solver »

May 07, 2010, 06:38:20 PM
Reply #33

oposky2006

bitrate: 9800 kbps  and frame: 30 fps would be good.

October 09, 2010, 11:05:52 AM
Reply #34

Monteplus3

Hello...I have re-loaded MeGUI on my PC, but every time I try to open a file with avisynth script creator I get "not responding."  I've loaded it twice, same thing.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

January 18, 2011, 03:05:02 AM
Reply #35

hangengd

Thank you for the nice tips. 
In exchange, I share with you how to put ebooks on ipad and how to transfer movies from mac to ipad.
Many user have the foregoing questions.

January 26, 2011, 11:33:07 PM
Reply #36

joecody01

i use Aunsoft Blu-ray to do that , it can meet my needs .

http://www.aunsoft.com/blu-ray-ripper/

April 23, 2012, 03:14:54 PM
Reply #37

BenL

• Personal Text
    -- mkvXstream --
    • mkvXstream
im tossing up weather to buy a blu ray for my current comp or not

It definitely has it's advantages. Even with an i7 quad core it still takes more time than it should.  :(
Covering the Hottest Media Players on the Planet