Author Topic: BUG V1.01.11 - .VOB files do not play continuously via uPnP server  (Read 1688 times)

December 22, 2009, 12:31:02 AM
Read 1688 times

astraub

Hi,

I noticed two problems when streaming Video_TS folder (.VOB files) via WLAN from my media server:

- there is a significant break between the separate .VOB files (several seconds!)
- the audio language switches back to the first language in the file when a new .VOB files starts(!)
- all settings in the options (like for example a magnification factor of 1.1) are reset when a new .VOB files starts(!)
- navigation also does not work. For example pressing the "next chapter" button does not jump by 10 mins,
   but seems to randomly jump in the file - sometimes backwards, sometimes it just stops the playback.

This behaviour is independant of the used media server (I tried at least 4 of them).

If I playback DVD images using SMB file sharing all of the above works fine.

Greetings
Andreas

January 02, 2010, 12:03:00 PM
Reply #1

Stick

Hi,

I noticed two problems when streaming Video_TS folder (.VOB files) via WLAN from my media server:

- there is a significant break between the separate .VOB files (several seconds!)
- the audio language switches back to the first language in the file when a new .VOB files starts(!)
- all settings in the options (like for example a magnification factor of 1.1) are reset when a new .VOB files starts(!)
- navigation also does not work. For example pressing the "next chapter" button does not jump by 10 mins,
   but seems to randomly jump in the file - sometimes backwards, sometimes it just stops the playback.

This behaviour is independant of the used media server (I tried at least 4 of them).

Greetings
Andreas

I'm having the same issue with the pause/break between the separate .vob files.  The first generation didn't have this issue with me.  This happens wether connected local via usb HD or over the network to my backup file server.

January 11, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
Reply #2

Stick

Hi,

Greetings
Andreas

V1.0.17 has not seemed to fix this problem.  Still a significant "break" between separate vob files on either my local usb connected HD or my network drives.  I just wish my LIVE player played videos as flaslessly as the original WDTV....