Author Topic: video gone after firmware upgrade**update**  (Read 1548 times)

December 20, 2009, 11:06:00 AM
Read 1548 times

alandla

I apologize if this should be in a different section as it was an audio problem that is now a video problem.

I have a Canon A720IS digital camera that I used to record some 640x480 avi video clips. I uploaded them on my computer and they play fine so I transferred them to a USB stick to play on my new WD TV HD media player (Gen 1).

The video played fine but the audio was terrible, like being in a wind tunnel.

I noticed that a firmware upgrade addressed certain audio issues with digital camera video so I successfully upgraded the firmware to Ver 1.03.

Now the audio plays fine but the video is gone. The first video I played went fine for 10 seconds and then the video froze but the audio was fine. After that, I'm not getting any video (black screen) but it does start to play audio.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have only had this WDTV HD media player for ~3 weeks. I was hoping to just plug the camera into the USB port but it doesn't seem to be recognized but that's OK since I transfer to the computer anyway.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:38:31 AM by alandla »

January 08, 2010, 06:48:00 AM
Reply #1

alandla

A few days later, I sit down with the kids to play some old mpg clips of home movies and all 20 clips played fine.

So last night, I add another avi movie to the 8Gb USB stick (still has the old non working digital camera file plus these working mpgs) to sit down and watch. I had tested this video when I first got the machine but only watched the first 30 seconds just to see if it worked, which it did.

On a whim, I tried the non working videos from the digital camera and lo & behold, they were working...until I got to the second last file where I ran into the same problem.

The remote still functions as I could easily & quickly go back to navigate the menu. However, the previous working videos now only give a black screen when I try to play them.

I removed the USB stick and tried another but same problem.

I just saw an article that stated that he eventually got a video after a 2-3 minute wait so maybe I just didn't wait that long but when this thing works, the videos load & play in seconds.