Author Topic: REQ v1.02.07 Time Jump Functionality  (Read 2090 times)

December 19, 2009, 10:19:42 PM
Read 2090 times

temoor

Hi,
While watching a movie, in case you have to jump say an hour in the movie, the only way to do is to fast forward. can such functionality be added so that "start time" be manually punched in from where the movie should start.

Regards,
Temoor

March 01, 2010, 12:22:00 PM
Reply #1

subculture

That would be great.  I also have a popcorn hour device, and pushing any of the numbers takes you to the corresponding percentage (ie press 5 and it takes you to 50% of the video).  The WDTV remote obviously doesn't have numbers, so some other system would be required.  Maybe the option button could bring up a list.

March 11, 2010, 01:53:43 AM
Reply #2

MrCyberdude

WD should be embarrassed  :-[
This would have to be the only reason I have told people to not buy this product.

FF 16x is almost useless for an hour seek as thats nearly 4 minutes wait. !!!
The WDTVLive Needs an option added with something like;
select search then arrows which allow either time change minute or percent.

aka
FF by 5 minutes or 5%
Time Seek.
Super Fast Forward. ie 64x

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that users can FF (fast forward) then press the next key and it will jump 10 minutes in that direction each time,
but if you want to go back i think you have to be playing backwards first.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:52:26 AM by MrCyberdude »

April 06, 2010, 11:32:42 PM
Reply #3

tinustrekeend

press next after fwd then you can jump forward in 10 min parts

Hi,
While watching a movie, in case you have to jump say an hour in the movie, the only way to do is to fast forward. can such functionality be added so that "start time" be manually punched in from where the movie should start.

Regards,
Temoor

May 04, 2010, 12:23:05 PM
Reply #4

alon.dayan

Like in other players, it should have a  jump-time field  on the configuration menu, where you could choose the jump step in minutes.
I'd love to have a 1, 2  or 5 minutes rather than the standard 10 min jump when pressing Next every time after Fwd.