Author Topic: Bug 10301 and workaround - MKV audio sync  (Read 7456 times)

December 15, 2009, 04:39:26 AM
Read 7456 times

jamesehale

I am pretty much exclusively using mkv now that Handbrake has dropped avi support and so was very disappointed when my WDTV displayed a significant audio sync delay when playing my MKV files. I started playing around with the WDTV settings and ended up doing a reset and low and behold my MKV files were in sync. I thought I had solved my problem but then when I looked at new MKV files the sync issue was still there.

I went back to the previous files that seemed ok after the reset and they were still ok! I then went back to the new file and when I started to play WDTV asked if I wanted to start where of left off or at the beginning. I chose the former and the sync issue was gone.
I began to think the reset was not the cure, stopping and starting the file was.

I started playing a new, un-viewed MKV file and yes massive audio delay.
Stopped the playback.
Started playing the file again, chose to resume playing from where I left off - no audio delay. Audio now in sync.

So, resuming play somehow brings the audio back into sync with the video.

I mention this here as I am assuming it is a bug, just one with a work around.

January 11, 2010, 03:10:36 AM
Reply #1

Popsicle

Hi.
I have the exact same problem and I too noticed the workaround, but it's kinda annoying. Any news on a fix for this? Thanks

February 04, 2010, 01:40:17 PM
Reply #2

Tvrdi

I have WDTV gen 2 and latest fimware....I also noticed that on some mkv videos audio is out of sync.....thats really bad....I should buy mede8er instead of this crap....

February 20, 2010, 03:26:53 PM
Reply #3

camon

Hi, Same problem here at wdtv gen 1

anyone know if a firmware downgrade fix it for good?

March 03, 2010, 11:14:06 AM
Reply #4

watcher

Hi, Same problem here at wdtv gen 1

anyone know if a firmware downgrade fix it for good?

That's possible, I use firmware 1.02.07 (original on the WDTV) and have no problems with mkv-audio (yet)

March 22, 2010, 06:39:05 AM
Reply #5

fryno1

With my WDTV 1.st Gen I have the same Problem with my Handbrake-mkv's audio async.

With FW 1.02.07 this mkv-Files are after about 3 minutes out of sync. Stop and Play fixes it but is boring. FW 1.03.01 fixes it only for another 3 minutes.
Only with the Beta-Version 1.02.11 those mkv-Files are in sync.

Look here:

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2224.0