Author Topic: Some text are showned and some dont  (Read 2940 times)

February 27, 2009, 02:10:40 PM
Read 2940 times

BDamian

When I see a movie with subtitules (.str files), some text is shown and some don't. There is something I can do?

By the way, I'm from Argentina!

February 27, 2009, 11:33:11 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Hello Argentina!

The WDTV has a few problems with subtitles.  In fact it is it's biggest problem area.  Be SURE to update to the newest firmware as this helps.  I believe another firmware update will arrive soon that will likely have a lot of subtitle fixes.  In the meantime you can combine your external subtitles into and MKV container as the internal subtitles work well.  I believe MeGUI will do this for you.

Also look at Hardcoding  http://www.ehow.com/how_4436334_encode-bluray-subtitles-avisynth-megui.html
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

February 28, 2009, 05:35:17 AM
Reply #2

BDamian

Thanks! I update the firmware with the last available and it fix a lot of problems. It is a great device.

February 28, 2009, 03:37:20 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.