Author Topic: *Disabling* Updates?  (Read 1036 times)

December 10, 2009, 10:09:20 AM
Read 1036 times

jerrolds

Finally got my replacement WDTV Live unit from NCIX.com (Canadian retailer) and now i want to avoid all internet updates like the plague they are.

How can i disable the unit from looking to see if there are any new updates availabe online? I've gone thru the settings and it doesnt look like it - i REALLY dont want a prompt asking me everytime just incase i hit OK by accident

am i missing something? not going deep enough in some menu?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

December 10, 2009, 07:39:16 PM
Reply #1

Whoheart

You can't

(Well if your router is advanced enough i suppose you could block all traffic to western digital domains)

But there is no reason to assume they are going to repeat the problems in the future.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

December 11, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
Reply #2

synaptic

Also, the WDTV doesn't automatically update to the newest firmware, it simply shows an icon that there is a new firmware available.

December 11, 2009, 10:24:23 PM
Reply #3

Whoheart

Also, the WDTV doesn't automatically update to the newest firmware, it simply shows an icon that there is a new firmware available.

Really? Where?

It it splashes a dialog box on the screen asking me if its time now.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.