Author Topic: Chapter support?  (Read 7161 times)

February 23, 2009, 05:56:42 PM
Read 7161 times

mdshannon

The newest firmware says that it supports chapters with mkv's but, I have not got this working yet, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I'm just using dvd decrypter to rip my dvd's into unprotected iso's, then using handbrake using h.264 with a mkv container to encode the chapters show up in handbrake and should be encoded into the file right? I don't really know what else to do. Should I use a different encoder? I'm just used to handbrake for the iphone.

February 23, 2009, 11:03:43 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
The MKV Chapter support is still not working.   But now you can skip ahead 10 minutes every time you push the NEXT button on the remote when the WDTV is in Fast Forward mode. 
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 01, 2009, 01:07:22 PM
Reply #2

SputnikNYC

I have chapter option available on only one of my MKV's, when you press options on the RC, it's all the way to the right, last option with 6 little squares, it turns blue and when i press it, it gives me a bunch of scenes that i can chose from!!! I think it's about how you rip the DVD or BD, with or W/O chapters ..... but WDTV does support chapters for MKV!!!

April 11, 2009, 01:44:16 PM
Reply #3

Bazmondo

yes its not wdtv it must be the rip.

I also have Australia that has chapter support but no other .mkv I have does

April 14, 2009, 07:23:34 AM
Reply #4

Starstream

MKV chapter support & the WDTV was a bit weird early on - I think it was a combination of WDTV firmware and software that generates the MKV that were the cause

The following generate an MKV with chapters that work fine on the WDTV now;
MakeMKV (latest version of Blu-ray to MKV ripper - old versions didn't)
Ribot264 (x264 encoder)
Manual Blu-ray rip to MKV method