Author Topic: WD TV HD Media Player generation 2 (model:WDBABF0000NBK)  (Read 15633 times)

November 26, 2009, 10:56:40 PM
Read 15633 times

pingpong

Hi:

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but what is the difference between Generation 1 & 2?  I noticed that it appears to support DTS down mixing, but could not find any official info as to what has changed and whether it is worth buying/upgrading.

Regards,

AMEND

Just found the thread addressing this issue

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2961.0

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:01:45 PM by pingpong »

November 27, 2009, 04:50:48 PM
Reply #1

Whoheart

They basically said screw those who were supporting us from the start, lets put in some new hardware and pretend its almost the same.

If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

December 07, 2009, 07:36:13 PM
Reply #2

AVFan

Ok, now I have Generation 1 and 2 (Parents will have my Gen 1 as you canīt delete files with that model, the old girl presses buttons without thinking so she cant do too much damage with that model).

The new model seems to run cooler, it can decode DTS, appears more responsive, uses newer HDMI 1.3 (only of use if your TV has 1.3 sockets and you use correct cable) and plays every file I have tried even the TV series files I canīt play on Gen 1 box.

Had problem with new one out of the box, after fast forwarding box would lock up, you could select files but they wouldnt play. Down loaded latest firmware and it works no problem. Overall a nice bit of evolution, just hope they continue to update the first models software (should do as shops still have stocks of it, there was gen 1 and 2 on the same shelf where I bought mine). Would really like a gen 2 software version for Gen 1, to play my TV series without me having to edit all the files.

December 12, 2009, 09:55:04 AM
Reply #3

boko34

Hello.
I have just recived my HDTV gen 2 and I'm very happy except the subtitles. In some movies the subtitles are too high on the screen and in other movies they are where they should be - at the bottom of the screen. Why is that? It's a bug or is there some kind of trick to adjust them?