Author Topic: BUG v1.01.11 Audio disappears after fast forward or reverse on some AVI videos  (Read 1368 times)

November 22, 2009, 09:41:07 AM
Read 1368 times

Dogger

I have WD TV Live, which I installed last week, and just updated the firmware 2 days ago.

On large AVI files (which appears to be those with a larger data rate), the sound works fine on startup and if I play through at regular speed.  But if I fast forward or reverse, the sound disappears and will not return. I've stopped & resumed, turned off the player and resumed, played other files and then resumed. The sound returns only when I restart the video from the beginning.

This happened when I first got the unit, and continued after the firmware upgrade.

November 23, 2009, 12:29:13 PM
Reply #1

RogerDb

I've seen something similar. You might try hitting the options button and then audio. That seemed to restore the sound for me when it happened.

November 27, 2009, 02:03:30 PM
Reply #2

Boog

Hello Friends

I've just been watching 720p MP4's and so far methinks when i too fast forward the audio becomes terribly out of sync.  I've got hi def mkv's avi's and they work no problem, its just the mp4's

If wd can sort this it'll be great.

November 29, 2009, 12:43:59 AM
Reply #3

az1324