Author Topic: AutoGK gives me half inch black bars at sides of my widescreen rips sometimes...  (Read 1039 times)

November 19, 2009, 02:40:14 PM
Read 1039 times

mufc

Sometimes when I convert DVD to Avi with AutoGK I end up with little black bars (about half an inch) at the sides of my movies. Not all the time but often enough to frustrate me. I can look at the ISO of the same movie and there are no bars. Before you say just keep the ISOs let me say that for my own movies that is exactly what I do but I have a lot of kids movies for my Grandkids and can save a lot of space by converting to avi or mkv. With AutoGK I use 75% and keep Output Resolution at Auto and keep the DD soundtrack. The quality is excellent but as I said sometimes I have these aggravating black bars showing. Not sure how to fix it. I tried converting the same movie using AviDemux and converting to x.264 mkv and when first done it did work but subsequently it gives the same black bars. Quality again is superb but it takes ages to convert a movie using AviDemux. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on and if there is a possible fix. As I said before these are Disney etc (kids movies) and I do not believe any of them are anamorphic.