WDTV LIVE Groups > WDTV LIVE - Official Information

How To Install A Firmware Update

(1/3) > >>

jayallan:
Official instructions from WD

How to Install the Product Update:

1. Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
   2. Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player's USB port.
   3. Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
   4. Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
   5. You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
   6. Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
   7. After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
   8. Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again.
   9. Once the HD WD TV Live Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.

lilibabe:

--- Quote from: jayallan on November 16, 2009, 05:31:28 PM ---Official instructions from WD

1. Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
   6. Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
   7.2 Go drink a beer  :P
   8. Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again.
   9. Once the HD WD TV Live Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.

--- End quote ---

olgguy1:
I don't get a firmware upgrade icon on my wd hd live.  I have tried unplugginh thenetwork cable and powering it of/on plus resetting to factory defaults.

The firmware version on my WD HD live 1.01.00 and a firmware upgrade via the internet says i am up to date.

Are the WDTV LIVE AND THE WDTV HD  LIVE NOT THE SAME?

Any suggestions?

--- Quote from: jayallan on November 16, 2009, 05:31:28 PM ---Official instructions from WD

--- End quote ---

jayallan:

--- Quote from: lilibabe on November 17, 2009, 04:25:50 AM ---
Official instructions from WD

7.2 Go drink a beer  :P

--- End quote ---

That's not the official way!   That's the Homebrew way ;)   Which I heartily recommend BTW!

jayallan:

--- Quote from: olgguy1 on November 17, 2009, 05:46:17 AM ---I don't get a firmware upgrade icon on my wd hd live.  I have tried unplugginh thenetwork cable and powering it of/on plus resetting to factory defaults.

The firmware version on my WD HD live 1.01.00 and a firmware upgrade via the internet says i am up to date.

Are the WDTV LIVE AND THE WDTV HD  LIVE NOT THE SAME?

Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

There is only one LIVE model

Tell us the steps you did ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version