Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Software Update 1.01.11  (Read 24785 times)

November 21, 2009, 10:51:31 AM
Reply #15

sadako

This is what I was hoping would be fixed, but I found somewhere on the WDTV support forums that the fact that all available media files show up (and are playable) regardless of your initial selection from the main menu is "by design".  Let's hope they rethink that.

The simple fact remains that this feature (yes, it's a feature) helps more people than it hurts. People would bitch in the original WDTV that you had to leave "Videos" and find your Audio files if you felt like launching a tune. If you don't like having the option of mixing mp3s with your mkvs, just make two seperate shares for music and video.

It's a hell of a lot faster to change your habits then it is to expect them to change the way the product works for you.

I disagree. Having all media show up regardless of initial menu selection renders that initial selection absolutely pointless. In addition, images labelled 'folder.jpg' or '[filename].jpg' should never show up when browsing video mode. If that is an official feature of the WDTV Live, it's an extremely ill-conceived one.

November 22, 2009, 06:25:19 AM
Reply #16

sandman

November 24, 2009, 10:47:26 PM
Reply #17

Orphean

I am having troubles with this version (problems that my previous WD TV do not have) and would like to download the release version. In trust I updated to 1.01.11 when it asked me (LAN connected) but I do not have much faith in this update...

The older WD TV I still have works perfectly well unless it is updated to 1.03.01 (!)

Therefore I would like to check the release version of the Live WDTV and see if things work as they should. Updating seems not always the best thing to do, even if it is an official release!

So far the new Live is a big annoying step back for me...

Anybody have a link so that I can download the release firmware?

Bert

November 25, 2009, 03:09:01 PM
Reply #18

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I am having troubles with this version ...

Anybody have a link so that I can download the release firmware?

Bert

www.wdtvforum.com/firmware/WDTV-Live_1_01_11.zip

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

December 05, 2009, 03:26:40 AM
Reply #19

supercell

I was having synchronization issues with 1.01.11 and 1.01.12.  I reverted back to the original firmware and the issues disappeared.

December 21, 2009, 11:23:42 AM
Reply #20

maredsous

Where can I download the old firmware?  I got the unit last week and did the update, but a lot of content I watch doesn't play correctly (example Revision3.org) with the new firmware.  I got this unit hoping it'd be a step up from the prior unit, so far I'm slightly disappointed.