Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Software Update 1.01.11  (Read 24767 times)

November 16, 2009, 05:07:49 PM
Read 24767 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Here is the first official release update for your WDTV LIVE.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live

What's new!

Release 1.01.11 (11/16/09)

* Added more USB WLAN adaptor support.
    * Added cover art display function when viewing music files in album view.
    * Added user selectable on/off for fade in and fade out effect while browsing files.
    * Resolved issue of no audio when there is only a single, center channel audio stream in a video.

Check it out :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:32:49 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 16, 2009, 05:14:28 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 16, 2009, 06:03:21 PM
Reply #2

digitallifedad

Audio/Video Sync issue !!

Just updated to v1.01.11

.... MOD MOVED Post to the new General Discussion Thread on this Update Here:

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2886.0

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:10:50 PM by jayallan »

November 16, 2009, 06:28:57 PM
Reply #3

wiiBox

Wow, much more thorough bug fix log than before with wdtv1!!  Impressive!   ;D

Thanks for the update Jay!

November 17, 2009, 02:57:52 PM
Reply #4

swartz

Utter CRAP.

I'm returning my two WDTV Live boxes back to the store.

I'm still having issues with media servers and SMB shares.

Not only that but this firmware now disables the way to achieve 1080p over COMPONENT as I described here:
http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2513.0

Not only Western Digital did NOT fix my HDMI issue, but they also totally locked me out of 1080p.
Very NOT cool in my book.

I will never buy another Western Digital product and will strongly advise others to do the same.

November 17, 2009, 05:59:00 PM
Reply #5

wiiBox

I agree with you on the 1080p issue.  Alot of the time you feel like an idiot for paying good money to end up having to put up with copy protection.  And in the end, it stops no-one from doing anything with the stuff.

We really need a new paradigm on IP than what we have now.  What IP purveyors don't seem to understand is that they are not losing any customers from piracy.  They can only gain from them.  That is the nature of IP.  When I read a book and write something about it, there is a gain.  Unlike comodities where when you eat a slice of pizza, there is less of the pizza pie for the rest of us.

We can get really deep into this issue but I'll leave it at that.

My 2 cents.   :-X

November 18, 2009, 04:59:59 AM
Reply #6

Headcase_Fargone

Audio in .MP4 files still jutters.  Thumbnails still double up.  I was hoping for more.  Silly me.

November 18, 2009, 10:20:00 AM
Reply #7

captainnapalm

• Who's This Guy?
Thumbnails still double up.

This is what I was hoping would be fixed, but I found somewhere on the WDTV support forums that the fact that all available media files show up (and are playable) regardless of your initial selection from the main menu is "by design".  Let's hope they rethink that.

November 18, 2009, 11:21:03 AM
Reply #8

savant

This is what I was hoping would be fixed, but I found somewhere on the WDTV support forums that the fact that all available media files show up (and are playable) regardless of your initial selection from the main menu is "by design".  Let's hope they rethink that.

The simple fact remains that this feature (yes, it's a feature) helps more people than it hurts. People would bitch in the original WDTV that you had to leave "Videos" and find your Audio files if you felt like launching a tune. If you don't like having the option of mixing mp3s with your mkvs, just make two seperate shares for music and video.

It's a hell of a lot faster to change your habits then it is to expect them to change the way the product works for you.

Quote from: swartz
I will never buy another Western Digital product and will strongly advise others to do the same.

Sorry you're so passionate about this problem that doesn't effect most people. Have you considered marijuana?

Why don't you just downgrade your firmware and sit tight while they address the problem? This is the very first firmware update, you can't reasonably expect them to fix all bugs the first time around.  Edit the .ver file that's available with the original firmware download and change the version to 1.01.12 and save it. When you reboot the WDTVLive, it will think there's a "new" firmware and will install the old one. Then you're back in business.

At least then you'll be able to watch your media while you wait; you won't be able to do that if you take it back.

November 18, 2009, 12:10:29 PM
Reply #9

tech324

Am I missing something here?  I don't have any of the issues you guys have with the WDTV Live.  My audio doesn't jitter and my thumbnails don't double up.  I am using b-Rad's 0.1.7 firmware.  I play HD videos, MP4, M2TS, etc.  Some of my videos are 8 - 11 gigs in size.  I even stream my movies over wireless (the really large ones won't work through wireless but work perfectly through a USB hard drive). 

Would the issues you are having be firmware/device related or something with the video or files?  I am just curious.

November 18, 2009, 10:14:14 PM
Reply #10

David Dias

Am I missing something here?  I don't have any of the issues you guys have with the WDTV Live.  My audio doesn't jitter and my thumbnails don't double up.  I am using b-Rad's 0.1.7 firmware.  I play HD videos, MP4, M2TS, etc.  Some of my videos are 8 - 11 gigs in size.  I even stream my movies over wireless (the really large ones won't work through wireless but work perfectly through a USB hard drive). 

Would the issues you are having be firmware/device related or something with the video or files?  I am just curious.

Thumbnails only double up when you're using network shares to stream movies, since you're using a USB hard drive you don't have that problem. 
My main beef with the WD TV Live is the double thumbnail issue.

November 19, 2009, 03:00:07 AM
Reply #11

tech324

Thumbnails only double up when you're using network shares to stream movies, since you're using a USB hard drive you don't have that problem. 
My main beef with the WD TV Live is the double thumbnail issue.

No I stream my movies.  I stream my movies over a wireless N adapter with NFS to my Windows 2008 server.  I don't get double thumbnails that way nor through a USB hard drive.  My net.mounts is stored in my /conf folder. 

Now of course when I use the WDTV Live I have to access the network shares from the USB Local drive menu, but I am still streaming over the network.  I don't goto the "Network Shares" menu item on the device.

November 19, 2009, 03:27:20 AM
Reply #12

wiiBox

You are talking apples and oranges, tech324!

You are talking about modded firmware.  This is an official firmware related thread.

November 19, 2009, 12:15:39 PM
Reply #13

tech324

You are talking apples and oranges, tech324!

You are talking about modded firmware.  This is an official firmware related thread.

You're right, my bad.  Carry on.  :)

November 20, 2009, 02:36:35 PM
Reply #14

captainnapalm

• Who's This Guy?
The simple fact remains that this feature (yes, it's a feature) helps more people than it hurts. People would bitch in the original WDTV that you had to leave "Videos" and find your Audio files if you felt like launching a tune. If you don't like having the option of mixing mp3s with your mkvs, just make two seperate shares for music and video.

It's a hell of a lot faster to change your habits then it is to expect them to change the way the product works for you.

You're assuming that I don't already have separate shares set up for Music, Video, Pictures, which I do.  I may not be super-savvy when it comes to these things, but it seems like there should at least be an option to display all media types, or just those specific to the main menu choice.