Author Topic: BUG 1.01.00 Live will reboot on 'play' of network folder with video and jpg.  (Read 1663 times)

November 13, 2009, 09:26:26 AM
Read 1663 times

wiiBox

The player will reboot when you press play on a network share folder with certain video/jpg combinations.  This happens in 'Video' and not 'Photo' (not sure about Audio), and in list and thumbnail view (not preview).

It's really odd how it only happens with certain file combinations and in net shares only.  Split them into separate folders, or use local storage, and the files play fine.

Incidentally, 'playing' folders in this manner normally displays the image but the video never plays.  Pressing next does nothing even though it's implied by the counter in the lower right corner that there is another file to play.  Is this expected behaviour?

PC is a WinXP SP2 machine with three shares set to read only (wdtv displays 'read only' where appropriate, which is nice), one private (no access), and one full r/w.

This bug is highly repeatable in my setup but, under cetain circumstances it doesn't happen; like when you navigate into the folder ahead of time and view the image first.

TIA

November 15, 2009, 10:29:04 PM
Reply #1

Raimblob73

• Personal Text
    [url=http://russian-brides-best.com/]young dating sites[/url]
    • women bride
bug? I can see lots of old temporary folders and files in my temp folder.

Is is possible that jzip automatically removes them after unpacking files?

January 01, 2010, 10:30:18 AM
Reply #2

Browneye9000

I know this is an old post for you Wii but just wanted to let you know the same thing happens to me.  However, I find it is not certain combinations but rather that it is a folder that I have just modified the jpg file name.  The only way I get it to stop doing this is I have to go into that folder through network share then press enter on the jpg to display it.  Then, after I get it to display, I back out and press play on it and it works fine.

If you've learned anything more since your original post I'd be happy to hear.