Author Topic: Sound stops for a milisecond every minute or so, MKV playback WDTV Live  (Read 1937 times)

November 11, 2009, 05:41:56 AM
Read 1937 times

AndersHP

Hi,

my brand new WDTV Live has problems with audio on some MKV files: the sound skips/stops completely for a splitsecond, every couple of minutes.

No problems with picture, and the audio is still in sync, but have these small "stops".
The movies are played from my USB connected harddrive through HDMI, and plays fine on my laptop, so the problem occurs on the WD for some reason...

Does anyone have a solution to this very annoying problem?

Uses standard firmware (the only one out there) on my WDTV Live.

November 14, 2009, 02:17:50 AM
Reply #1

11neal

Hi,

I just upgraded my wdtv to the new wdtv live which i received yst and have encountered exactly the same problem which you describe in yr post!.
I haven't updated the firmware because my ethernet cable is too far from my tv, however, I don't believe there has been a firmware upgrade anyway. Have you managed to solve this problem?. FYI this is happening on all my MKV files with DTS or AC3 sound and is really bugging me!

December 24, 2009, 04:23:10 PM
Reply #2

Tinomane

ya it really is brutal.  Almost all of my mkv vids do it.  Originally I was getting video judder with my mp4s so thats why I converted them to mkvs.  The videos play fine but the audio skips like very minute.