Author Topic: DTS Music  (Read 2648 times)

November 08, 2009, 09:36:59 AM
Read 2648 times

Adik72

Hello

I can't open *.dts music.. When i opening my .*dts file then i hear only noise from my Speakers  :-\
I have toslink cable, 1.03.01 firmware, Denon avr 1903

Can anyone help me??

November 08, 2009, 11:40:51 AM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Sure, lots of people can help you.

Try using the search function on this site.  There are at least 6 threads devoted to this exact subject already.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 10, 2009, 02:14:00 PM
Reply #2

Soneralp

yes i am not working dts wav files 1.03.01 versiyon but i am working to dts wav files 1.02.10 liliabe  version 1 goto http://wdtv.free.fr/osdmod/dl/simple_v1%20%5b1.02.10%5d/ and select to language and download filles update to wdtv downgrade 1.02.10 v1 *.wav or *.dts (dts 5.1) digital cable and digital av recever playing...

hmmm again not work that's time me use files uploading to site.

excuisme for bad language.

Hello

I can't open *.dts music.. When i opening my .*dts file then i hear only noise from my Speakers  :-\
I have toslink cable, 1.03.01 firmware, Denon avr 1903

Can anyone help me??

November 14, 2009, 03:41:38 AM
Reply #3

sylkie77

Hi,

This has been mentioned in forums here before. The WDTV doesn't decode DTS wav files. I have many DTS wav files and the only way I can play them is burnt to a CD in wav format and play on a PS3 through a surround sound amplifier.

The new WDTV Live will downmix DTS to stereo but I think that is referring to DTS tracks in DVDs - It would be unlikely that it would process the DTS Wav files.

The DTS Wav files are made to resemble redbook audio files so that they fool the player they are played on and are passed through to the amplifier/receiver undecoded and the amplifier/receiver  decodes it.  But quite a few devices see these files as CD audio files and automatically try to decode them and pass this to the amplifier/receiver which sounds a bit like white noise. The device that plays the  DTS Wav files has to leave the files unprocessed. eg To get the PS3 to play the DTS cds I had to override the settings to decode the audio and pass the audio through untouched.