Author Topic: BUG v1.03.01: Movie stops after app 1hour +/-  (Read 4588 times)

November 06, 2009, 07:09:38 AM
Read 4588 times

TheDane

Starting with the pre-loaded 1.02.07 firmware i had the problem that movies would stop after 50 - 60 minutes. Tried to pause, rewind, forward - which worked ok but the movie would not play again. Tried with .mkv and .wmv movies. After that when going to Home and starting other movies it tells me to try known/correct formats.

After soft-resetting it works fine. I can forward to the point that broke and watch from there on.

Upgraded to 1.03.01 - same problem

Now i downgraded to 1.02.10 - hope it works now!

Update: Same with 1.02.10 and 1.02.11. Might as well go back to 1.03.01 and perhaps get other benefits, while reseting once in a while... :o

Update 2: Now with 1.03.01 sound set to Stereo AND using USB1 instead of USB2 - everything runs fine! Go figure...thing it could be the USB-swap, but haven't done more investigating right now...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:04:10 AM by TheDane »

December 29, 2009, 09:42:49 PM
Reply #1

RECO6901

I have the same problem ! If you find out why this does this please post....thanks.

December 29, 2009, 10:49:06 PM
Reply #2

TheDane

Unfortuneately I still do not have a certain workaround.

Yesterday i set the Videosetting to 1080P 60hz instead of Auto - and the Audio to digital. The movie played fully without problems. But really, this needs some more movie-views before this is a certain workaround.

I think it is hard to understand why some have this problem and others not...isn't the hardware identical? Guess there are some differences in components after all.

December 30, 2009, 02:10:44 AM
Reply #3

h0pp9z

I have exactly this same problem too. Movies just randomly stop after playing for an hour or five or ten minutes sometimes. Has been doing it since I got it and it's really, really annoying as the movie doesn't remember where it last was and you have to forward from the beginning.

I had my wdtv resolution set to auto but have now changed it to 1080p 50hz (Pal) so thanks for the heads up. I will also do some testing to see if this resolves the issue.

January 01, 2010, 03:49:38 PM
Reply #4

ToniNegri

i have the same problem. still no solution. maybe it's a hardware defect?

January 10, 2010, 07:53:11 AM
Reply #5

shemilio

I have recently watched 2012 (awful movie by the way!!) that it is more than 2 hours long...and I have no issues...

maybe try to watch different format content to find out if your issue is related to format.

cheers,

January 26, 2010, 01:15:12 PM
Reply #6

TheDane

Went to the store with my WDTV - after some testing they called me up and agreed it behaved poorly...they offered me to wait 2-3 weeks while sending it to WDC - or paying 35$ and give me the WDTV Live  :)...

Great - now i have the WDTV Live and it works perfectly...so guys, go to the store and hope they are as friendly (service minded that is) as mine was!!!! (The store is in Denmark)

Cheers!

April 01, 2010, 08:51:48 AM
Reply #7

thenderson

I see this often as well, I am using wireless from my computer to the WDTVLive box. It seems to loose its comprehension of the network shares. When it starts stuttering it never recovers. I have to stop it and start it again. (the movie or show). Once I do that it works forever. I typically (when this happens) have to go to Windows 7 and diagnose the Home Group, then it reports having to refresh the Home share list. Then it works ok. Wish I knew how to stop it. It bites having to go thru those motions every friggin 1st movie or show.
My wireless is all new. Netgear router, Linksys/Cisco usb wireless in the wdtvlive box.