Author Topic: "hide" cover jpg in folder, but show thumbnails on video files ?  (Read 16102 times)

November 06, 2009, 01:04:07 AM
Read 16102 times

pln

Hey

I have a questen. Got a wdtv live running WDLXTV-LIVE-0.1.7.

Is it posible to "hide" the jpg picture in a folder, so only the .iso or .mkv is shown as a thumbnail ?

thx for the help.

November 06, 2009, 02:55:07 AM
Reply #1

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
?!?

Your video thumbnail is shown BECAUSE it's associated with a file "same_name_as_the_movie.jpg", so why do you want to "hide" the jpg file ?
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

November 06, 2009, 04:34:43 AM
Reply #2

pln

Because it was "duplicated" in the folder.. both files was shown.

moviename.mkv
moviename.jpg

Well.. found out if it's mountet in net.mounts and accessed from "local drives" the folder only shows the .mkv file as thumbnail and not the jpg file too. So that sovled the problem.

November 06, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
Reply #3

Ant1037

Someone on another thread said to try deleting the .jpg from the thumbnail. So you have a filename with no extension on it. Haven't tried it myself though..

November 08, 2009, 05:22:57 PM
Reply #4

Headcase_Fargone

Because it was "duplicated" in the folder.. both files was shown.

moviename.mkv
moviename.jpg

Well.. found out if it's mountet in net.mounts and accessed from "local drives" the folder only shows the .mkv file as thumbnail and not the jpg file too. So that sovled the problem.

Anyone care to do a quick step-by-step write-up on how to get this working?  Thumbnails seems to be the #1 complaint on these forums.

November 11, 2009, 12:40:41 AM
Reply #5

FocalFury

This may not be an accurate answer as I do not have my Live yet...its on its way in the mail. :p

I had the exact same issue with my PC, where I wanted just the cover image to show up.

If you name that .JPG that you want to be displayed  "Folder.jpg"  it doesnt matter how many image files/movie files  are in that folder, the "Folder.jpg" will be the only one that will be visible in thumbnail view.
Maybe one of you can try this for me and see if this works :)

D A N N Y

December 05, 2009, 12:18:51 PM
Reply #6

Elan

Huh??

December 06, 2009, 04:01:01 PM
Reply #7

schlotz

• OneShotsphoto
?!?

Your video thumbnail is shown BECAUSE it's associated with a file "same_name_as_the_movie.jpg", so why do you want to "hide" the jpg file ?

Are we disconnected with the number one problems being reported here?  ???   Standard movie.jpg and movie.mkv was used in the first version of wdtv.  Now with the live version (and using wireless) you get two thumbnails presented in the same directory.  The first being the .jpg, and the second as it releates to the .mkv.  Major goof by the wd programers, so much so I find it hard to call them programers..... >:(

December 06, 2009, 10:00:30 PM
Reply #8

neonerz

I believe the official word from WD is its a feature not a bug. In network drives, it shows all available media (kills the point of having other categories huh?).

If you use b-rads firmware, and mount the network share, it will show up as a local drive instead of a network share.

For more info, download the firmware, read the README and the included example net.mounts and S00custom-scripts files. Then ask questions.

December 06, 2009, 10:13:14 PM
Reply #9

Elan

If you use b-rads firmware, and mount the network share, it will show up as a local drive instead of a network share.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

December 07, 2009, 09:24:53 AM
Reply #10

schlotz

• OneShotsphoto
I believe the official word from WD is its a feature not a bug. In network drives, it shows all available media (kills the point of having other categories huh?).

For more info, download the firmware, read the README and the included example net.mounts and S00custom-scripts files. Then ask questions.

Feature?  :o  ...that is pure BS  >:(

December 07, 2009, 12:59:17 PM
Reply #11

Headcase_Fargone

That's absolutely retarded.  Like you say, why the hell would we need separate Music and Picture sections if it's just going to display ALL media in a folder?

I hope someone from WD is reading these forums so that they can see just how retarded that is.

December 08, 2009, 06:16:33 PM
Reply #12

grok42

Thanks for linking to this thread from all the other posts on this bug.  Although I had read this thread previously, reading it again has revealed something I had missed the first time.  I think my problem with getting thumbnails to show up has to do with me auto generating them, removing the auto generated ones and doing more testing to work around the "shows images in the video listing" bug.  I think I need to hard reset my WD Live and not simply power cycle it.  I'll give that a try and report back.

As for the bug in question, I think NOT showing images named exactly the same as a video file is the correct answer.  WD obviously thinks so as physically connected media behave this way.  I can't work out any way being over the network changes things.  They still have to list all the files and then everything happens locally.  If there truly is some bizzare problem they could at least give us an alternate way to matchup images with videos that would work.  For example, ".xxxxx.jpg" where "xxxxx" = the name of the move.  The period in front of the file is the standard unix way to say this file is hidden.

January 11, 2010, 03:02:56 PM
Reply #13

toadle

I second this. Please hide those cover-files. Everything else is senseless.

January 13, 2010, 02:02:39 AM
Reply #14

dribbller1

So how do I exactly mount the network shares?  I read the README and the net.mounts etc but still not sure exactly what I need to do. Im sick of looking at the jpg image near my mkv movie!