Author Topic: Are there updates to WD TV Live official firmware  (Read 9373 times)

November 04, 2009, 10:55:46 AM
Read 9373 times

nbaxley

I keep winding up at this page (http://www.wdc.com/wdtvprerelease/) and thinking "Ohh, there's new firmware updates already, Awesome!"  But then I realize these are for the originial WD TV.  Am I missing some cool betas of the WDTVLive Firware?  I've looked at the Homebrew stuff, but don't have a good sense of what it gives me, plus I can't download it from rapidshare and don't see another source.  Any thoughts?

November 04, 2009, 07:04:07 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
No official updates or betas yet.  Wew will post them here when they are available!

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 04, 2009, 09:16:00 PM
Reply #2

ScottWD

I keep winding up at this page (http://www.wdc.com/wdtvprerelease/) and thinking "Ohh, there's new firmware updates already, Awesome!"  But then I realize these are for the originial WD TV.  Am I missing some cool betas of the WDTVLive Firware?  I've looked at the Homebrew stuff, but don't have a good sense of what it gives me, plus I can't download it from rapidshare and don't see another source.  Any thoughts?

On the way... with many more to come. 

November 04, 2009, 11:56:55 PM
Reply #3

David Dias

On the way... with many more to come. 
[/quote]

That's awesome news!

November 05, 2009, 08:35:44 AM
Reply #4

Headcase_Fargone

Care to drop any hints as to what we can expect from the first revision?  Any added features or mostly focused on bug-squashing?

November 06, 2009, 06:40:06 AM
Reply #5

ScottWD

Care to drop any hints as to what we can expect from the first revision?  Any added features or mostly focused on bug-squashing?

Focus is mainly bug fixes - a few minor enhancements.  We have some big releases planned around the end / beginning of the year.

-ScottWD

November 06, 2009, 12:32:41 PM
Reply #6

oRBIT2002

I hope all thumbnail-related issues are fixed soon (seriously, in every WD Live forum I've seen, people are discussing them) . :-)

November 09, 2009, 04:09:46 AM
Reply #7

mrbill

I hope all thumbnail-related issues are fixed soon (seriously, in every WD Live forum I've seen, people are discussing them) . :-)

Not so seriously, this keeps them from whining about DVD Chapters and USB hubs.
Running Win 7 Ultimate 64 and no problems anywhere.

November 09, 2009, 09:02:25 AM
Reply #8

wiiBox

Not so seriously, this keeps them from whining about DVD Chapters and USB hubs.
Sorry mrbill, you can't reproach the public for merely asking for features that seem standard now on other designs.  You can't blame them for being disappointed when DVD menus is accepted as a feature request wdtv.uservoice.com), only to be removed a months later without warning, or have those features go to another product (Mini).

You can't call them whinners when one day they have hub support and the next it's gone for no good reason.

Sorry, completely unfair.

November 10, 2009, 01:18:49 PM
Reply #9

SWEPaul

WDTVLive @ Twitter posted this text today:

Thought WD TV Live couldn't get any better? You're wrong! In a few days we'll be releasing an update so check back for details

November 10, 2009, 05:53:41 PM
Reply #10

wiiBox

:o :o :o

Swepaul, would you mind keeping us updated?  I have no clue about twitter.  If I have to sign up... well, I'd rather not.  Already juggling too many passwords and such.

Thanks for this!

November 10, 2009, 10:42:22 PM
Reply #11

synaptic

November 10, 2009, 11:40:05 PM
Reply #12

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Don't worry about it. We will have the update here on this site when it goes live.  We have EVERY update and they are always in the "Official" section.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 11, 2009, 05:56:06 AM
Reply #13

cagney

Focus is mainly bug fixes - a few minor enhancements.  We have some big releases planned around the end / beginning of the year.

-ScottWD
[/quote]

Sick.  Speaking of which, where should we report bugs?  The way WDTV Live displays folder names from a UPnP Synology disk server is, er, sub-optimal (The same server from a PS3 works much better - it displays the names :-).

November 11, 2009, 12:23:53 PM
Reply #14

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

Speaking of which, where should we report bugs?  The way WDTV Live displays folder names from a UPnP Synology disk server is, er, sub-optimal (The same server from a PS3 works much better - it displays the names :-).

There is a new forum for that here:  http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?board=16.0