Author Topic: WDTV Live and Harmony One woes  (Read 7634 times)

October 29, 2009, 01:27:32 PM
Read 7634 times

necco

Okay I seem to have MOST of my harmony one set up for the wdtv live but the problem is controlling the volume, ie it doesn't work.

Where the hell in logitech's awful software is the option to always have volume controlled by the receiver? Can't seem to find this in my WDTV device and activity. Specifics would be ideal because this software is a bloody mess.

October 29, 2009, 01:37:13 PM
Reply #1

necco

More details:

WDTV Live > Denon 3210CI > Samsung hdtv is how it's all chained together.

I've noticed too that the default Logitech Harmony profile for the WDTVLive activity shows a blank screen on the remote when all's said and done. It can only be controlled via specificly selecting the device and changing the volume by selecting the receiver device.

ugh what a mess. I hope logitech releases some sort of update to the device profile like they did with my comcast box

October 29, 2009, 02:05:15 PM
Reply #2

Ant1037

Have you set up an activity on the remote? This should assign the various functions of the remote to the specific equipment.

On mine it's a step by step procedure where it asks you what changes the channels, what controls the volume etc...

Agreed, it's a bit head wrecking to get it sorted...

October 29, 2009, 02:29:22 PM
Reply #3

necco

Have you set up an activity on the remote? This should assign the various functions of the remote to the specific equipment.

On mine it's a step by step procedure where it asks you what changes the channels, what controls the volume etc...

Agreed, it's a bit head wrecking to get it sorted...

Well, yeah. The activity has no options available and the buttons do nothing

October 29, 2009, 02:34:25 PM
Reply #4

necco

Oh. hmm, when I added the activity I manually added it, not the automatic option to "add activities which use my devices" which prompts for the volume controls. lets see how this works

damn you software!!!!!

October 29, 2009, 04:01:00 PM
Reply #5

Ant1037

Hope it works... I'm concerned about your harmony remote and the wall having a meeting of the minds  ;)

October 30, 2009, 03:17:48 PM
Reply #6

necco

It worked. I'd never hurt my precious harmony :)

November 01, 2009, 07:10:08 PM
Reply #7

synaptic

I've had no problems with my WDTV. What you have to do is Add a 'Generic Activity' and configure all of the buttons manually using the software (its the configure buttons option) so that it controls the right piece of equipment.