Author Topic: Dolby Digital TrueHD!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16673 times)

December 04, 2009, 08:29:31 PM
Reply #15

rtga

TrueHD is not the default setting when I start a TrueHD movie.  I have to go into the WDTV menu after the movie starts and switch the audio channel, just like if I were switching to a different language.  I'm not sure why TrueHD wouldn't be the default audio.  If there's a way to change it, I'd love to know.

I'm watching the Matrix right now in TrueHD (the display on the Onkyo 707 says TrueHD) over HDMI 1.3 with the WDTV set to digital out put audio.

ok, thanks for that info.  What container format are you using?  And what tool(s) did you use to rip/mux the Matrix BluRay(?).  When I created my files with mkvmerge (or megui) i set the TrueHD stream as the first audio track so it defaults to that.  But as soon as the WDTV Live tries to read it, it simply says "UNKNOWN" and automatically switches to the alternate audio track, which is the Dolby Digital Plus track.  I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Everything seems to be configured properly on the WDTV Live and the Onkyo receiver, so that makes me think it must be something to do with the actual files I'm trying to play.

December 05, 2009, 03:39:53 AM
Reply #16

supercell

It's a straight bluray rip using anydvdhd into a bdmv container.  Bluray rips can be 40GB+, so make sure you have lots of space if you are going to use this method

February 12, 2010, 10:33:54 AM
Reply #17

jcamp4

I too get format unknown on the WDTV LIve unit when playing back MakeMkv Blueray with Dolby True HD - Let me know if you solve this. Dolby Digital works fine.

February 18, 2010, 05:45:36 AM
Reply #18

jcamp4

I create a file form MakeMKV and check off True HD - When I play it back on WDTV Live I get no sound and it says Audio 1/1 Format Unknown. There is nothing to pass digitally to my Onkyo receiver which supports True HD. Does anyone else get this result - the regular Dolby Digital plays back fine.

February 18, 2010, 10:03:17 AM
Reply #19

scJohn

WDTV Live can play DD, DD+, and DD HD in a m2ts container.  It can also play DD in an MKV container.  I do not have a DD+ of DD HD in a MKV container to test.

I got my m2ts test clips at http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php .  Just scroll down to the Dolby section.  Should be easy enough to convert m2ts to MKV on the clips.  This is assuming that WD has the version of MVK implemented that supports DD+ and DD HD in an MVK container.

February 18, 2010, 11:10:06 AM
Reply #20

pitokhato

I have Onkyo R606 and my WDTV Live is connected to this receiver with HDMI 1.3a cable.  I found that any file which has sound issue (mostly MP4, AAC, MKV with True HD), they all play with sound if you change WDTV live Audio setup (Under Audio/Video) from Digital to Stereo.  Only problem is that reciver will not recognise it as 5.1 (even if it is 5.1).  If you leave it as "Digital", receiver will recognise as 5.1 but no sound.

In short any file with no sound with "Digital" will have sound with "Stereo".  This is not ideal but at least sound is there.

Please all of you with no sound problem, please try this and post your findings here.

Thanks