Author Topic: Network sharing - limited folder issues  (Read 2029 times)

October 28, 2009, 04:55:09 PM
Read 2029 times

meh

ok finally I got the network sharing working....sort of.  seems this thing is really buggy.

now even though I have multiple video folders (and drives) shared on my computer for video, music, and pictures, the WDTV Live will only see 3 of these folders at the highest level.
for example
I have
Video 1 (drive Y)
Video 2 (drive z)
mymusic (C drive)
mypicutres (c drive)

now that I've added video 2 my pictures has disappeared.

and what's even worse, these are the only folders that are shared whether I go into Video, Music, or Photos on the main menu of the WD TV2. what the hell is up with that?

This device is incredibly frustrating and i'm fighting not to return it because I really want it to work.  any advice?

thanks

October 28, 2009, 05:44:06 PM
Reply #1

GlennNZ

I agree - is buggy.  Original firmware - could only see 4 WHS shares - not any of the ones I wanted.

I suggest - changing to b-rad firmware and via telnet mount the shared drives.  Fairly straight-forwarded to do and following this the mounted shares are accessible via local drives - shared name etc. etc. 

This is what I have resorted to - and to be honest only took a few minutes to sort out - as opposed to the hours of changing password/share access on server etc.etc

Glenn

October 29, 2009, 09:42:14 AM
Reply #2

CyberRat

I agree - is buggy.  Original firmware - could only see 4 WHS shares - not any of the ones I wanted.

I suggest - changing to b-rad firmware and via telnet mount the shared drives.  Fairly straight-forwarded to do and following this the mounted shares are accessible via local drives - shared name etc. etc. 

This is what I have resorted to - and to be honest only took a few minutes to sort out - as opposed to the hours of changing password/share access on server etc.etc

Glenn

Agreed, b-rad's firmware was the only way I could access my WHS shares.