Author Topic: WDTV-live review and wants.  (Read 1866 times)

October 28, 2009, 04:12:53 PM
Read 1866 times

kasilof

This is my 1st media player and I love it.  I mainly use youtube.  I love youtube stuff but it is hard to search. I like to use youtube playlists under accounts.  I go to youtube on the internet and hit the small square in the bottom left of each video icon making a quicklist.  Then move the quicklists to a playlist.  I wish settings for youtube would be put under general settings.   Thus when you go into youtube you can get to your playlists in a simple menu, like "new videos".  It would be nice to eliminate some of these menus in general settings.   It would be nice if you could view  playlists made by other people.

There is no video streaming of other sites than youtube.  It would be nice to view them in some sort of xml file.  Thus we could come on this board and download xml files to watch videos outside of youtube.  There might even be a site on the internet where the player would automatically download xml files and organize them.  Thus you might get a xml file of Saturday Football Games and you could watch them.

October 29, 2009, 05:54:11 AM
Reply #1

KinisonKhan

Try this.  Should give you an alternative to the current YouTube client, plus access to a bunch of other sites.

http://www.themediamall.com/playon/  <--- install on PC/Laptop, stream from WDTV Live to it.

2 week free trial, sadly, its 40$

Im sure there will be tweets to the YouTube UI , but nobody knows when that will happen.

October 29, 2009, 10:28:28 PM
Reply #2

kasilof

Thanks this is exactly what I want,  I just uploaded about 15 plugins and several ompl podcasts.   The thing is great.  The only thing I don't like about it is that you need to have your computer on.   Wish it was embedded into wd-live. youtube allows you to enter any users so it is similar to subscription.  Thankyou marcfaberchannel, =3, ...  The thing is so awesome it is better than I suspected.  Watched movie "Shampoo" on Crackle.  I am going to watch legal eagles on hulu.  But I am letting it cache a little while I write this.

October 30, 2009, 12:56:52 AM
Reply #3

3dxr

• Global Moderator

Tversity Free/or Commercial is able also other then Youtube and its Free version also available