Author Topic: playon / justin.tv  (Read 9195 times)

October 22, 2009, 04:05:56 PM
Read 9195 times

carnival

Here is a plugin to watch justin.tv channels on your wdtvlive through playon. playon is a media streamer that will let you watch certain things on your wdtv live. it comes compatible with hulu but you can also get a plugin for justin.tv which has loads of channels with all types of things.movies sports shows whatever.

http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=1619.0

October 22, 2009, 04:48:04 PM
Reply #1

KinisonKhan

This is a very useful app, however its a shame that they charge 40$ for it.

If it included better menus and didnt require a PC to be always on (streaming from it), I could see myself paying 40$ for it.

October 22, 2009, 07:40:09 PM
Reply #2

subslug

Wonder how Playon works compared to Tversity?

So far I wouldn't give a nickel for Tversity.

October 22, 2009, 09:16:39 PM
Reply #3

carnival

Wonder how Playon works compared to Tversity?

So far I wouldn't give a nickel for Tversity.
It has a free trial give it a try.

October 23, 2009, 07:09:07 AM
Reply #4

subslug

Well it seems to work a lot better than Tversity. I can at least stream Hulu now where on Tversity, no such joy.

The jury's still out about whether or not it's worth $40 but, so far it's not bad.

October 29, 2009, 05:03:15 PM
Reply #5

kringles

They (PlayOn) have offered periodic special sales of their product in the past. Usually $10 off but sometimes $20 off. If WD were smart they would team up with them to offer a special combo price. Unless (hopefully) WD plans to add native support for Netflix, Hulu and other internet  channels to the WD TV Live.

BTW I am currently using PlayOn to stream Hulu to the WD and it works great.

October 30, 2009, 04:12:42 AM
Reply #6

Headcase_Fargone

I'd murder for Netflix support.  Right now I have a second wireless router set up just for my Roku device (so I don't mix N and G signals), which in turn eats up a precious gigabit port on my main router.  I'd love to be able to do away with both.