Author Topic: New WDTV Software Update 1.03.01 Discussion Thread  (Read 89086 times)

December 01, 2009, 04:43:32 AM
Reply #75

EnderWiggin

Actually I think it is; I have two identical 8GB Kingston Datatraveler Flash drives, one formatted for FAT32 and one formatted for NTFS; the NTFS drive works fine with firmware 1.02.7, but with 1.02.11 or 1.03, it does not see any of the files on the drive. And I proved it by returning back to 1.02.7 and the video files are all now visible again....

December 01, 2009, 05:28:15 AM
Reply #76

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
Mmm... maybe it only happened on flashdrive or maybe it only happened on some brand(flashdrive/harddrive).

The spesification said it support NTFS so the problem should be on the device(harddrive/flasdrive/some brand etc) and not on file system itself.

December 01, 2009, 06:11:48 AM
Reply #77

josh098

Just upgraded today. Before, I ran 3 hard drives off of a hub (movies, tv shows, kids shows). I could turn them all on, in any order, at the same time, or hours apart, and they would all be recognized under USB 2. Now, i can only pick up one, whichever i turn on first. So i would have to eject it and switch drives every time i want to switch. I also get the message that a media library cannot be created on read only storage, and my storage cannot aggregate.
I never had those messages before. I dont like the new update, gonna try to switch back.

EDIT: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=105.0
downgraded back to 1.02.07, the above guide worked like a charm (had to change it to 1.03.02 tho)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:08:58 AM by josh098 »

December 05, 2009, 01:32:05 PM
Reply #78

metalhead

Just upgraded today. Before, I ran 3 hard drives off of a hub (movies, tv shows, kids shows). I could turn them all on, in any order, at the same time, or hours apart, and they would all be recognized under USB 2. Now, i can only pick up one, whichever i turn on first. So i would have to eject it and switch drives every time i want to switch. I also get the message that a media library cannot be created on read only storage, and my storage cannot aggregate.
I never had those messages before. I dont like the new update, gonna try to switch back.

EDIT: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=105.0
downgraded back to 1.02.07, the above guide worked like a charm (had to change it to 1.03.02 tho)

Hello Josh098,

I am on the official 1.01.12 and I found audio sync problem with my MP4 movies after fast forward or rewind.  Does the version 1.02.07 fix that issue?  If so I can give it a try.  Thanks!

December 08, 2009, 05:25:05 AM
Reply #79

rockula

Is the new firmware also used for the WDTV Mini (or whatever the non-HD one is called)? I get so confused when researching this unit that I just bought because most of the time, people just refer to their unit as the WDTV, and make no mention of which kind. Even WD's site shows the update avail for the HD version, but doesn't list it as being avail for the "mini".

I just got mine, and so far it's been very frustrating. Half of the .mkv files I load don't work, most .mpeg-4 files don't work, and most all of the .mov files don't work. The only files that for sure work thus far are .iso files and .avi's.

I get error messages saying that the format isn't supported by my device, or something about the source file's ___________ (can't remember!) exceeds the device requirements. I'm not sure if that means that my file has too high or too low frame rates, resolution, etc. Most of these files were small in size, and for sure not "HD" files. Like 20mb's each.

It's a huge pain to have to rip something, then convert it, then drag it to the hard drive, only to find it doesn't work!!! I'm almost half tempted to just send the unit back and not mess with this until technology changes. I don't have a TV w/ an HDMI input, which is why I bought this unit. I have an older HD TV w/ Component I/O's, but it doesn't have the HDMI input. I really wanted this to work out. So maybe it's the firmware? I'm not even sure how to see what version of FW I have on my unit. And by the looks of WD's site, you'd almost think they were phasing out the mini.

I'm not a total newbie when it comes to ripping video (I use a mac most of the time), but it can get rather geeky and take up more time than I'd like to take up. I wanted something simple, but these units seem way too picky!!

I'm also gathering that these units will not play back a PAL video if yet not on a PAL system... unlike my Mac which will without asking me to do anything different. It just plays them.

Thanks!
jason

December 08, 2009, 06:48:46 AM
Reply #80

Mr Lazy

• Mr Lazy
Is the new firmware also used for the WDTV Mini (or whatever the non-HD one is called)? I get so confused when researching this unit that I just bought because most of the time, people just refer to their unit as the WDTV, and make no mention of which kind. Even WD's site shows the update avail for the HD version, but doesn't list it as being avail for the "mini".

No, each of the 4 models has its own firmware.  WD haven't yet put any firmware on their website for the Mini:
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=10&lang=en
Gen1, ext3-boot, Belkin AX88178 Gigabit adapter, Synology DS109 NAS

How-to setup WD TV with NFS shares

December 08, 2009, 01:17:34 PM
Reply #81

rockula

Fooey.

Well... I guess when most talk about the WDTV, they aren't talking about the Mini then. HA! The bastard child of WDTV's. I got to reading about what's supported on their site, and it seems the mini doesn't really play back many of the files that the HD or Live one does. Maybe I'll keep this mini for my sons, and buy a Live for myself. So far, the only thing that works w/ the Mini with any consistancy, are AVI or ISO files. That's fine really. But it would be nice if .MKV was supported.

THanks!

Jason

January 14, 2010, 05:17:21 PM
Reply #82

Saint59

January 15, 2010, 02:17:27 PM
Reply #83

mjp0866

Hi all,

A new firmware update came through this morning, so naturally I installed it.
I did not take any niotice of the version, sorry.............
The WDTV unit restarted and stayed on the welcome screen for 10 or so mins.
I reboot the unit and it started "insert USB with firmware to recover"
I downloaded firmware, loaded it onto a USB and inserted and restarted the unit..
Now the unit will not display anything.

HELP PLEEEEAAASSSSSEEEEEEE

[/quote]

January 15, 2010, 02:28:16 PM
Reply #84

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
Hi all,

A new firmware update came through this morning, so naturally I installed it.
This morning ??? You have a WD TV HD Media Player (Gen 1) ??? This topic is for wdtv gen1.
Latest official firmware (v1.03.01) came out November last year.

You are not trying to load a firmware that is not designed for your player, are you ?
Please check exactly what kind of WDTV you have :

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=30

and download and install correct firmware.

WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

January 15, 2010, 02:44:52 PM
Reply #85

mjp0866

I have just noticed that I have the LIVE version, so my firmware was not correct.

I am downloading this now.

It still puzzles me why the unit requested the firmware download. and when it loaded, it did not work.

[/quote]

February 02, 2010, 01:39:23 AM
Reply #86

rataweb

The wd tv gen 1 is not cataloged!!!! Not appears on the wd webpage!!!!!  :-\

This is the final firmware????? A prerelease????  :'(

Thanks.

March 02, 2010, 02:35:25 AM
Reply #87

atamiga

Hello,

with this releae i cannot play blueray iso's. I ripped the iso's with anydvd. Do you have any idea?
Who can i download old releases of the firmware?

March 15, 2010, 08:53:26 PM
Reply #88

rataweb

Hello,

with this releae i cannot play blueray iso's. I ripped the iso's with anydvd. Do you have any idea?
Who can i download old releases of the firmware?

Yes, edit "wdtv.ver" of the old firmware and put a new version, for example:

VERSION='1.03.02'
LOCATION='wdtv.bin'

Save the file wdtv.ver and wdtv.bin in a usb pendrive, and update the wdtv...

The wdtv detects new firmware version and it will updates!!!!

Please, with firmware version permits read blueray iso's???

Thanks,

July 23, 2010, 08:04:16 AM
Reply #89

eparol

WDTV USER

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,334

Mediafly worked great for about a week, but now I'm getting the message "There is no media in the current folder" and I can't log on. Can anyone help solve this problem?

Thanks!