Author Topic: New WDTV Software Update 1.03.01 Discussion Thread  (Read 89026 times)

November 15, 2009, 04:06:36 PM
Reply #60

franks

• DeSpammer

Looks like they heard you:

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2746.0

I doubt if it will answer your whole wishlist, but it is a new model regardless (I wish they'd put a proper remote in).

Oh, and Best Buy is going to be selling a version of the WDTV for $75 on Black Friday, but I'll damned if I can figure out if it is the original WDTV or this new one that doesn't have networking but can convert DTS to stereo for TV audio.

November 18, 2009, 07:48:50 AM
Reply #61

colbertnotion

• Welcome to COLBERTNOTION.COM
THIS is what we've waited 8 months for? It's official, Scott Radar from Western Digital should just start driving coast to coast, knock on the door of everyone who purchased a WDTV, and take a piss on our feet...that would accomplish more than this so-called UPDATE! Scott, please remove me from your friend-list immediately...I no longer have any use for you or your company! Nice job!

November 19, 2009, 11:11:47 PM
Reply #62

IL68

Recently have bought the new WD HD player. Firmware was 1.02.07. Works fine without problem.
Yesterday was download the latest firmware 1.03.01, unpack two files in root of USB harddrive. Just connected harddrive player find the new firmware and ask for update to new one. On screen shows current and new version. On prompt for start update shoosed Yes, then player going to restart. After that on screen have show just WD logo and no any changes. During 7-8 hours that screen not changed. I try to unplug the USB harddrive - no changes, same screen. Unplug power of player and connect again - no changes, same screen. What is happened? Can i have WD HD player is restored to operational status.

November 20, 2009, 02:04:24 AM
Reply #63

IL68

At lunch time connected again WD TV player with hardrive. After few minutes starts update to newer version. At this moment player works fine, firmware changed succesfully.

November 20, 2009, 09:12:14 AM
Reply #64

Garrin

Hi everyone, new to this forum and glad to see it.... here's something about the 1.03.01 update that messed my unit up.... I only download and play HD MKV files which have the DTS sound which played perfectly on my DTS capable receiver through Fibre Optic cable..... once I updated from the 02 upgrade to the 03 I get no sound from many movies which have dts sound and also other movies with just DD 5.1. I am now wondering how I can get my unit back to the 02 version.... any ideas???

Thanks again for this forum,
Garrin

November 20, 2009, 10:56:29 AM
Reply #65

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Hi everyone, new to this forum and glad to see it.... here's something about the 1.03.01 update that messed my unit up.... I only download and play HD MKV files which have the DTS sound which played perfectly on my DTS capable receiver through Fibre Optic cable..... once I updated from the 02 upgrade to the 03 I get no sound from many movies which have dts sound and also other movies with just DD 5.1. I am now wondering how I can get my unit back to the 02 version.... any ideas???

Thanks again for this forum,
Garrin

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=105.0
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 20, 2009, 10:58:09 AM
Reply #66

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
At lunch time connected again WD TV player with hardrive. After few minutes starts update to newer version. At this moment player works fine, firmware changed succesfully.

Good to hear!   That is why I specifically tell people DO NOT UPDATE FROM A HARD DRIVE.  IT takes way longer and can have much more time to screw up.  ALWAYS USE A SMALL USB STICK. 
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 21, 2009, 01:16:43 AM
Reply #67

mobilenet

hmm, my windows XP machine seems to be available generally speaking now. Not exactly sure what might have helped as I've tried a number of things to improve reliability. I think that adding a password to the XP machine may have helped. Normally, I don't have a password on it, but I wonder if somehow the Live was expecting to have one on the XP machine? I also set up the Live so that it requests that a a password be added but I leave this blank. Perhaps it helps it connect more reliably to prompt for a password even though the XP machine doesn't need one? This may not help anyone else, but if anyone out there happens to have no password on their XP machine and is having problems, it might be worth adding a password and seeing if this helps.

cheers

November 21, 2009, 05:49:28 PM
Reply #68

brian@12345

I seem to be having a problem with the new firmware.

One of my two hard drives isn't showing up on the WDTV player now.

I usually connect my dual bay USB hard drive case, containing 2 WD SATA 1TB drives to the player and usually they show up as
Code: [Select]
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182144
List By Folder:  
> Screen lists both separate SATA drives.   (choose one ->)
> Screen lists folders on that drive.

Both drives are connected to the WDTV through only one USB cable and it has worked fine to date but now only one of them is showing up.

What gives ?

Thanks
-Brian
 ;D

November 28, 2009, 11:36:18 AM
Reply #69

db

Updated to this version and now I can't get any sound out of my .mkv files... unless I change to Stereo output (but this doesn't sync properly).
I know the Movie's that I download are not the correct audio format, but the TV stuff I download has been working for months fine under Digital audio output.
Now it just comes up with "Undetermined 1(Digital)" ?????? I'm sure the audio format is AC3 and that should work?

I tried reverting back to the last v2 firmware (2.11 I think) but still no solution.
I'm using a WD Passport to play the files, and a HDMI cable straight to the TV.

Also, before anyone asks; .avi files work fine no sound issue so i'm pretty sure it's the WDTV itself.

Anyone able to help or shed some light on what i've got to fix?

November 29, 2009, 08:45:52 AM
Reply #70

EnderWiggin

I also am having the same problem with one of 8GB Kingston memory drives formatted for NTFS, my FAT32 works fine. The NTFS drive is seen as empty, and I reformatted it twice... I will try returning to 1.02.07...

Update: returned to 1.02.07 and I can now see the video files on my 8GB Kingston memory NTFS drive... 

1.03 has problems with NTFS which is necessary for +4GB files...

My fresh Kingston G2 16 GB not working on 1.03.01 firmware. After scanning files freezes and not responding to remote. With ver. 1.02.07 no problem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:24:12 AM by EnderWiggin »

November 29, 2009, 07:03:51 PM
Reply #71

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
I used NTFS on my wd mybook 500gb and everything's fine. :)

November 30, 2009, 03:41:29 AM
Reply #72

TheWyvern

Hi guys!
After updating my firmware to 1.03.1 I experience a problem with my remote controller: when I browse my HD folders with the directional keys, a single key press produces two or, sometimes, three movements in the GUI. The remote control batteries are ok and with 1.02 firmware the controller worked fine.
Anyone experienced this problem?

November 30, 2009, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #73

EnderWiggin

Perhaps there is a difference between USB Flash memory drives and hard disk drives... different controller chips...

November 30, 2009, 08:34:32 PM
Reply #74

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
Perhaps there is a difference between USB Flash memory drives and hard disk drives... different controller chips...

could be, but NTFS is not the issue for sure :)