Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.03.01 NEW ***  (Read 62162 times)

October 21, 2009, 08:25:36 PM
Read 62162 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Here is a NEW update!!!

http://www.wdc.com/wdtvprerelease/  

UPDATED 11/11/09 This is now an official release.  (same as the pre-release version)

What's New?

Prerelease 1.03.01 (includes all previously released updates)

Resolved Issues:

* Resolved the language displayed as OFF when English was selected
    * Resolved the “Contains” button displayed as "ContainsWWW" in the search function
    * Resolved MKV audio which was out of sync with the video
    * Resolved slow rendering of Greek subtitles in Greek character encoding mode
    * Resolved disappearance of Korean subtitle during video playback
    * Resolved missing characters from the Greek subtitle font
    * Resolved playback issues with VC-1 codec in an MKV container
    * Resolved gain being applied to audio output that resulted in signal clipping
    * Resolved playlists playing audio tracks in alphabetical order by playing them in track order
    * Resolved the appearance of tracks in alphabetical order by displaying them in track order
    * Resolved the spacing issue seen in Korean subtitles during video playback

New features:

* Added support for video playlists functions which were limited to music files only
    * Added support for the drive lock function on the new My Passport™ and My Book® external storage devices

Check it out guys! :)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:16:24 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 21, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 22, 2009, 10:20:57 AM
Reply #2

Pangadaywalker

And again nothing that was requested by the community was listened.

No news, just small bug fixes.

Waiting again...
My set:

October 22, 2009, 10:39:20 AM
Reply #3

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
Maybe I'm missing something, but were the "resolved issues" from 1.03.01 not already resolved by 1.02.08 up to 1.02.11  ??? Looks like they're just mentioning them all in 1 list...
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

October 23, 2009, 04:11:29 AM
Reply #4

PCKid

Maybe I'm missing something, but were the "resolved issues" from 1.03.01 not already resolved by 1.02.08 up to 1.02.11  ??? Looks like they're just mentioning them all in 1 list...
You know what I checked it too and they did just bunch past fixes into one list. Soo can't wait for my PCH C-200

October 23, 2009, 06:59:51 AM
Reply #5

Saint59

I finally got around to updating to 1.02.11 today, only to find out that 1.03.01 is available now.

Anyway, I'd like to thank WD for the fixes - in particular, album tracks sorted by track number, and tracks in playlists playing by listed order. I'm also pleased that track titles appear in the Artist -> Album -> Tracks menu listing ... though I also wish they appeared instead of the filename when viewing a playlist or the playing now screen. Fair enough to show filenames in the folder views, but track titles should always appear in the other views. I also give thanks for the video playlist support, which worked fine in my testing (various folders, etc).

I also realized today, that by using my DVD Recorder, I could record fair quality DVD's from files I play with the WD TV ... with the only real disappointment being the initial file progress bar that displays for a few seconds at the start of each movie ... I WISH THAT COULD BE TURNED OFF ... it's not really required after all. Creating DVD's this way is slow because it's in real-time, but it's a pretty painless process (progress bar issue aside) and is great for files that are painful to convert, etc.

Anyway, I hope this new update also includes what I mentioned above, and is not just a fix for the earlier fixes.

Thanks again WD for continuing to produce firmware updates!

October 23, 2009, 11:55:26 AM
Reply #6

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo