Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with streaming and power line adapters??  (Read 1476 times)

October 21, 2009, 01:50:07 PM
Read 1476 times

tellico426

hello, obvious newb here,

i am planning on running cat 6 in wall with a switch from my router but until then i have a power line ethernet adapter (from Directv) which is connected to a trendnet switch. i am having problems seeing all my shares (xp comp), and when i do see them and try to play, mp4. mkvs. ect. i get major studder and choppy with out any sound.  but pandora, and youtube stream flawlessly . I've read about all the network problems, but am wondering if i should try a cat 6 run or wait for the fw update.

thanks for indulging a newb!!

mark

October 21, 2009, 02:16:40 PM
Reply #1

matt314159

What is the model number of the ethernet powerline adapters from DirecTV? 

Depending on the model and speed of the adapters, that could be a problem right there.  Then again powerline adapters are notorious for being buggy and problem-ridden. 

October 27, 2009, 07:58:00 PM
Reply #2

twisty

G'day Mark,

I HAD problems with my EoverP but discovered that they perform better the closer they are to the power point at the wall.  Mine work fine now at 1080.

David
42" Sony & 32" Teac. Gigabit Network + NetComm NP210 Ethernet over power.  4TB WD ShareSpace NAS.  WDLXTV 0.5.8.1.  MSheet 2.1.1.
Noob WDTV Video Conversion Basics Tutorial http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3314.0