Author Topic: REQ Additional File Thumbnails Handling  (Read 2854 times)

April 15, 2009, 05:29:16 AM
Read 2854 times

hungi

Feature request(s) for File (Not folder!!!) Thumbnails:

Music:
1. Display album art (.MP3 file with embedded .JPG)
2. If no album art is available, display the image file with the same name as the audio file to be played. (for
example, song.wav will be associated with song.JPG)
3. Display folder.JPG

Video:
1. Display .MP4 with embedded .JPG
2. Display image file associated with the video file to be played (for example video.mkv will be associated
with video.JPG)
3. Display folder.JPG

In this way we can get thumbnails for almost anything  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:53:15 AM by hungi »

April 16, 2009, 03:47:15 AM
Reply #1

danielpark

Absolutely agree.

Having folder.JPG as a fallback would cut down on my effort and eliminate duplicate files.

As it stands, I tend to put all episodes of a particular TV show inside a single folder. I don't want to have to duplicate the folder.JPG or capture individual screenshots, as it's a waste of my time.

cheers, d.

April 16, 2009, 04:09:48 AM
Reply #2

3dxr

• Global Moderator

or cover.jpg

this name is also very common
cover.jpg or cover-back or back.jpg I saw many files named like this.

cover.jpg is ussualy scanned and big image from this file can be generated small fast loadable thumbnail

April 16, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Reply #3

catire

Also they should not show up on Photo View, maybe renaming the extention to .thbn or something like that so they wouldnt be recognized by the WD as a picture or just having the photo viewer ignore pictures linked to any other media.

April 18, 2009, 11:15:23 AM
Reply #4

hungi

Yes, I also suggest a configuration setting to exclude thumbnails or not from photo viewing mode .

April 18, 2009, 04:43:41 PM
Reply #5

berkut

hi, for cover of Mp3 Album i use the ID3-TagIT 3,    This program allows me to embed the covers of the album within seconds and my Wd Tv displays perfectly, hopefully this will be helpful :D

April 18, 2009, 05:06:35 PM
Reply #6

sdaniels

hi, for cover of Mp3 Album i use the ID3-TagIT 3,    This program allows me to embed the covers of the album within seconds and my Wd Tv displays perfectly, hopefully this will be helpful :D

Heh? I use Media Rage and Media Scrubber... loads Images into MP3 tags so Windows Media Player, iTunes,  Apple TV, MviX 760HD, XBMC... all display. I have nothing on WDTV? I thought this was normal.

April 19, 2009, 02:21:29 AM
Reply #7

berkut

Heh? I use Media Rage and Media Scrubber... loads Images into MP3 tags so Windows Media Player, iTunes,  Apple TV, MviX 760HD, XBMC... all display. I have nothing on WDTV? I thought this was normal.

What you do with my program is embedded within the MP3 files the cover, you can tell him the type of image that you put on (front, cd ,...) with this program is not using that system, try to use the use me. Greetings